Ch. 57 Our Finale

Hey guys...the book is finally over, there will be 2-4 bonus chapter for the Jake ending but that is it.

(Breanna's POV)

"Hey," a groggy and sleepy voice greets me when I answer my phone.

"You okay?" I ask the worry evident in my voice. 

He doesn't answer, "I'm in the front can you tell the guards to let me in, please?"

I nod, even though he can't see me. I press the button near my bed and talk into it, "Can you please let Ashton in?"

"Sure Bree," someone says.

I minute later I can hear Ashton heading up the stairs, a soft knock on the door causes me to get up. 

I open the door and Ashton's face breaks my heart as I look at him. The sorrowful, miserable, and hopeless expression on his face makes me frown.

"What happened!" I put my arms around him and give him a hug.

He wraps his arms around me in response, and I can feel his body shaking. The depressive look on his face had me alarmed so I lead him over to my bed.

He sits down and I comb my hands through his messy hair. "Common Ashton tell me what happened," I ask him softly.

"My mother," he takes a deep breath, "She is suicidal."

"What?" the astonishment was evident in my voice.

"Yep, she tried to kill herself in a car accident," he laughs, "Seems like it shouldn't be a car accident now since it was on purpose."

I didn't laugh at his dry humor, "Ashton, is she ok?"

"Yep, the doctor said she would be fine in about two days," he sighs.

"Than it's fine, don't worry about her she is fine," I reassure him.

"Breanna it's not fine!" he shouts.

His sudden outburst of noise scares me. A knock on the door startles the both of us, "Come in."

The door creaks open a crack and Logan's head pops into the room. "You good Breanna, I heard yelling and came to check on you..." he looks at me then at Ashton.

"Ya just talking about our troubles," I answer truthfully, "Don't worry Logan if I need you I will call as soon as possible." I wink and he smiles closing the door, I can hear him humming as he walks back to his room, as it slowly fades then disappears Ashton starts talking again.

"Sorry for yelling," Ashton looks remorseful, "I just...-what if she tries to do it again?"

"Ashton we all have these thoughts, what she needs right now is your confidence in her so that she can become healthy again," I look him in the eyes, "The negative words are going to bring you down, so grasp onto that positivity and hope." 

"Thanks, Breanna," he smiles, "You always know what to say."

I smile back at him, and we sit there in silence for 2 minutes.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Ashton questions.

"Ya sure," I reply not paying much attention.

He takes out his hands and holds mine in them, they were warm and mine seemed to fit in his gigantic ones.

"I feel like this didn't go well when I asked last time so I am going to ask it again," he piped.

"Ok?" I coaxed not knowing where he was going with the conversation.