Ch. 56 Bro's Before Hoe's

OoF I forgot to post this draft yesterday

(Ashton's POV)

"No, no, no this can't be right," I choke out, "My mom would never do that!"

The doctor shakes his head, "Well looks like she did."

"Why?" I cup my head in my hands and sit in the small cushioned chair next to the medical bed where my mother lay. "How can you tell it was a suicide attempt?"

"Well first, she had no seatbelt on, she was going 60 over the speed limit, and lastly she crashed into a concrete wall," the doctor calmly places his clipboard on the table.

I stare at my mother's pale face with disbelief, it was a suicide attempt. First of all my mother always puts her seatbelt on, whether the car is moving or not, and she always drives 5 under the speed limit. I know that's annoying but it didn't seem to bother her at all.

I look at the doctor who had just started walking out of the room, the back to my mom. I cup her cold hands in my own then touch her cheek.

"Why mom, why?" I say to myself, a tear dropping from my eye. As time goes by I start drifting off to sleep, my eyes droop until I can no longer keep them open.

A knock on the door makes my body jolt up, "Hello?"

"Can we come in please?' a womans lovely voice says through the cracked opening of the door.

I quickly wipe the existing tears off my face and stand up to open the door politely.

A woman and her kid walk in silently, making sure not to make any noise as they enter.

"my son is coming he just went to the restroom," the woman explains.

I nod and stand to the side of the door so that the woman would be able to sit down in the chair I was recently in.

As the woman's eyes lay down on my mom they are filled with sorrow and despair. Instead of sitting she kneels down next to my mother's bed and lay her hands together on the bed. "Oh, Kathy honey what have you done?" The woman's hands shake as she seems to start crying at the bedside.

I didn't know this woman so I didn't know what to do. I look around to see her younger son fiddling around with his fingers. I whisper, "Boy?"

He looks up at me a small frown on his face, I nod my head to his mother and he stares at me again, then starts fiddling with his fingers again.

I shake my head about to walk to the woman when the door creaks open. "Hey, mom you in he-" the voice gets cut short when he see's his mom crying.

He runs over not noticing my presence and kneels next to his mother to console her. I stare at him in disbelief, Jake fricken Moore. Who would have thought fate would bring us back face to face.

For the first time, I notice a flash of fear in his eyes as he looks around the room. He spots me and I turn to his younger brother not wanting anything to be awkward.

As the cries turn to slight whimpering Jake gets up from the ground and approaches me. The fear in his eyes was gone and his face was now expressionless. I stand there confident not backing down from the mind games he seems to want to play.

When he reaches me his breath hitches, then he lets out a big blow of air. "So this is your mother?" he turns his head to my mom laying in the bed.

I nodded not wanting to say anything in case it provokes him.

"I am so sorry," he sighs shaking his head.

"Thanks, dude," I give him a small smile.

"Man common even though you kind of stole my girl we can still be friends," he nods, "You know what they say bro's before hoe's."

Smiling we both bro hug, and it seemed to relieve the tension in the air.

Jake goes back to his mother to console her and I stand next to his brother.

"SO whats your name little dude?" I ask trying out a skateboard stoner accent.

"Danny," he states bluntly not seeming to want to socialize.

I nod, "Ok Danny, are you ok?"

He looks up at me shakes his head yes, but as soon as he does that the tears well up in his eyes. He runs into my arms and starts crying, "Why is mommy so s-s-sadddddd!" he stutters.

I hug him and quiet him down, I tap his shoulder and he looks up at me.

"Are you a man?" I ask him.

His face looks determined, "Yes."

"Men don't cry," I tell him.

He nods and stops crying immediately.

After a while, Jake and his family left and I was back to sitting in the room alone.

The thoughts of my mother trying to kill herself flood back into my mind, just how. Was it because I wasn't spending enough time with her, was she thinking about dad again. I can't figure it out, there aren't that many possibilities.

"Excuse me sir but visiting hours are over and I would kindly ask for you to leave," a nurse opens the door slightly.

I stand up wiping off the imaginary dust on my lap, and I start to head out. I know most people would try and beg and ask to stay but there is not much I can do. If she wakes up while I am gone I can visit her, it's not like she is dying the doctor says she is in a coma that is not as bad as death.

As I walk out of the hospital the spring night air hits me, and a small breeze flows through my hair. It's chilly but I like it, I walk to my car and start it up.

Maybe I should make a quick stop to Breanna's, or does that sound too needy. We did see each other today but it was kind of bad with Jake there and everything. I should text her instead, I know she said she would be my girlfriend but it doesn't really feel official.

I decide to head to her house instead it's 11 at night but I'm just gonna check up on her.

《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》

Happens all the time so annoying

Happens all the time so annoying...jk

As Always:

COMMENT, FOLLOW ME ;) VOTE, SHARE, AND ALL THAT OTHER STUFF (^~^)