Episode 9

"I wonder where Demi is." Josh stated as he wandered through the halls with Willa, Emily and his brother was not too far behind them looking down at his notepad. They had a test today and he knew Joe was struggling to focus on school and not everything else that had been going on.

"We managed to catch her outside school yesterday, I don't know where she'd think to go to meet up with us. Maybe our lockers?" Willa inquired.

"We're heading there anyway. Hopefully she'll be there." Josh stated. They all already saw Demi as a friend and not the new girl who was just following them around. They didn't know what had happened to her previously but they knew something had and that she needed friends. They weren't the judgmental kind.

"You okay there Joseph?" Emily inquired looking behind her and Joe looked up sighing slightly.

"No, I'm gonna end up working in a fast food restaurant all my life at this point." He mumbled catching up with them a little bit. Losing their mother didn't come at the right time just before Christmas when they would be working hard afterwards ready for their exams which would determine the rest of their lives.

"You won't Joe, you're smart enough to get a better job than that." Josh demanded.

"He's right Joe, plus a Mc Donald's uniform would not suit you one bit." Willa stated and Joe laughed slightly.

"These aren't the real exams either remember so just try your best. This is just about seeing what you need to approve on." Emily advised as they reached their lockers.

"You're right, thanks." Joe stated.

"Well Demi isn't here so I hope she's okay and can find her way to class." Josh stated.

"I think you have something to worry about Willa. Josh seems very fond of Demi." Emily teased and Josh glared at her making the two girls laugh Josh shaking his head at them.

"If anyone's crushing on Demi it's Joe, did you not see them whilst we were getting our milkshakes yesterday." Josh teased his younger brother this time.

"Oh shut up, we were talking." Joe demanded but blushed slightly which only made the teasing get worse and Joe rolled his eyes at them opening is locker up so he could get what he needed and he continued to ignore them. But it was only then that he noticed how he felt whenever Demi was around, it had opened his eyes.

"I won't be in class Joe, I have an appointment with the counselor." Josh stated seriously and Joe nodded his head.

"That's fine." He assured him.

"You can sit all alone with Demi then." Emily taunted and Joe rolled his eyes again shutting his locker.

"I'm going to class." He mumbled leaving before they could say anything else to him. But he knew they were right, now they had mentioned it. He knew he was starting to get feelings for Demi.

Joe opened the door to his first class of the day. He took in a deep breath when he saw Demi was already sat that. He swore he felt his heart stop in his chest for a moment. Demi looked over at him giving him a warm smile as he came over sitting down next to her getting out his notepad ready for when the class started but they were the only ones here.

"Morning." Demi greeted.

"Morning, where were you this morning?" Joe inquired.

"Oh I came in early to go to the library and finish some homework off. I figured I'll more likely get it finished here than at home when my step dad has the day off work," Demi replied and Joe nodded his head gently. "How was your night?"

"The same pretty much, working on homework, I have a test in biology later on so I've been revising for that." Joe replied.

"What do you want to do when you leave school?" Demi inquired.

"When I was younger I wanted to be a vet but I can't afford to go to college and do that so I have no idea now," Joe admitted. "What about you? What are your plans?"

"Something with children. I always liked the idea of being a child minder." Demi admitted and Joe cracked a small smile.

"I can see you being good at that." Joe praised and Demi matched his smile.

"Thank you." She replied the conversation ending as more students came in along with their teacher greeting Demi seeing that she was a new student. Demi definitely thought this school was different to any other.