Episode 11

Just after Joe stormed away Josh rushed afterwards but he stopped when he saw the three of them stood there. Willa instantly grabbed hold of his hand to stop him from rushing off again. She knew Joe would want to be alone and he needed some space. He was the one who had demanded Josh that they didn't tell anyone out of fear of what will happen to the house.

"Just leave him be for a bit." Willa urged and Josh sighed nodding his head gently taking in a deep breath looking at Demi.

"Thank you Demi, he may not think it's the right decision yet but he'll get over it." Josh stated and Demi nodded her head gently on the verge of crying too.

"What's happening now then?" Emily asked.

"We have to go into a care home and live there until we're eighteen which is in August," Josh explained mainly for Demi's sake. "I think they're going to try and convince us to sell the house eventually. Two young adults don't need a big family house for that. Joe has too strong of a connection to that house to sell it."

"I-I'm sorry." Demi stammered slightly.

"No, you did the right thing," Josh assured her. "We were starting to struggle to keep up with everything... I don't know what we would have done when it was time for the bills to come around. We've been living off packet foods for the week. We couldn't have done this much longer." Demi still felt bad for it all. She didn't like the fact Joe seemed to hate her at the moment because she had tried to help. She was still sure she was doing the right thing but it didn't mean she wasn't hurt by it all.

"I can call my mom and see if she'll let you both stay over for a bit?" Willa suggested but Josh shook his head.

"We'll be okay, I don't want to burden your mom. The school or social services wouldn't let us sleep on the streets," Josh assured them. "We have the day off school to pack anything we want and get a taxi to the care home. I'll text you the details when we get there." They all agreed and Josh said goodbye to them heading in the direction that Joe went in to see if he could find his brother.

Josh didn't meet up with Joe again until he got home. He entered the house shutting the door behind him kicking his shoes off. He could understand why Joe had a connection with the house but at the same time he just wanted to get away from here and he thought Joe would too. Being the place where he found his mother's body, the person he loved more than anything. He always had a good connection with their father being into sports but Joe had always been a bit more musical and Paul was never into that.

"Joe!" Josh called sighing of relief slightly when he emerged at the top of the stairs and he came down.

"I'm not moving." He demanded and Josh sighed.

"Joe we have to, we don't know how to care for ourselves, I'll help you fight back against selling the house but we can't stay here." Josh urged but Joe shook his head.

"I'm staying here, I have a job. I just called a restaurant and I'm washing pots most nights after school." Joe stated.

"No interview?" He inquired.

"You don't need many skills for washing pots do you?" He replied. "My job can help pay for bills and it will save us having to use mom and dad's money they left behind." Josh sighed again looking at his brother who was determined not to be moved. He couldn't help but feel proud that his brother was speaking up for something he truly cared about. Often enough he would just give in and do as he was told but he really felt strongly about this.

"As long as your grades don't slip because of work then we'll give it a go," Josh breathed. "But promise me that the moment we struggle, we'll go back to school and tell them?" Joe nodded his head straight away Josh laughing as he gave him a hug which he didn't hesitate to hug back.

Joe wandered up the path checking he had the right address from what Emily had sent him. He knocked on the door gently stepping back waiting for an answer but he became slightly nervous as he saw the door open seeing Demi stood there looking slightly surprised to see him.

"Joe?" She question.

"You know it's me and not Josh?" Joe questioned.

"I'll always know the difference between you," Demi breathed but she was surprised when he stepped forward but she didn't even try and step back. "What are you doing?"

"Something I've wanted to do all day." He mumbled then crashed his lips onto hers. It surprised Demi again but she kissed him back it almost being an instant reaction.