Episode 32

By the time everyone was up and awake they had watched the news but there wasn't much news to tell anyone. Nobody had been killed that they knew of, no inmates had been other than the ones they witnessed being brought out the day before. It had been determined that those inmates were child molesters which were at the bottom of the leader board.

"You guys going to the prison again today?" Willa inquired as she fed Mason a bottle she had made for quickness.

"After lunch and we won't stay as long so you're not alone for too long." Josh stated as he ate breakfast being the last one up.

"It's fine if you want to be there, Mason and I will be just fine. Won't we." Willa cooed to her son.

"There's not much to do there but hope that they manage to get in there and make sure everyone is safe." Demi breathed.

"They will be." Josh assured her and Demi put her glass down. She hoped that it was true but her mind kept wondering to what could happen rather than what was unlikely to. She wanted him to be fit and well when they went to their next scan appointment to find out whether they were having boys, girls or both, she wouldn't find out what they were having until he was there.

"I bet Joe is thinking about us all just as much as we're thinking about him." Willa assured them both but they'd all admit it was weird here without Joe and they all just wanted him home.

"They won't give us chance to talk to the press!" The negotiator hissed as he came through into the room where they had been keeping all the hostages. Joe was there able to hear them but not see them. They all had bags over their heads to prevent them from seeing what was going on or where they were being taken to. If they were able to get out of the handcuffs then they wouldn't know where they were to flea. The whole prison had been turned upside down.

"Then we'll have to kill one of the hostages." Someone replied and Joe closed his eyes. He weren't sure how many people had died up to now but he knew no hostages had and they'd all rather keep it that way.

"We'll have to put a warning out before we do it."

"I'll work on it." They all heard but Joe looked down seeing a pair of feet in front of him.

"I wonder who we'll end up killing first. Maybe killing the youngest guard here will have more of an impact to get what we want," He heard a voice in a taunting tone. "Get on your feet." Joe felt a pair of hands on his arms and he stood up with the help of him.

"You don't need to kill anyone." Joe stated.

"You see we do so people take us more seriously." Joe felt the bag being taken from over his head several inmates surrounding him and he gulped slightly trying to hide the fear on his face. He knew that these men were capable of. He didn't know their individual crimes but he knew there were most likely murders among them. They pushed him into a shower block Joe trying to block their hits and kicks which were coming his way.

Josh and Demi made it back to the prison after lunch to see if they could give them anymore news on what was going on. They knew the reporters and the press wouldn't know everything because they wouldn't reveal everything that was happening.

"They've given us a notice that if we don't allow them access to talk to the press then they're going to kill a hostage." Someone explained to them and it scared them even though they knew there were six hostages. Any of them dying would be tragic.

"Well have you?" Demi questioned.

"No." He replied simply.

"Why the hell not?!" Josh demanded to know. "They threaten to kill a hostage and you're not giving them what they want? Are you all insane?!" Demi laid her hand on his arm.

"They aren't the ones in charge we are." He replied again.

"My little brother is a hostage and Demi's fiance! He's going to be a father soon, there is no way I'm going to let anyone die. Especially my brother. I want to talk to whoever is in charge here." Josh urged and he was about to speak again when the doors to the main entrance of the prison opened again and they saw inmates come out but they're eyes soon landed on a figure they were dragging.

"Joe!" Demi exclaimed rushing to the gates. She couldn't see him clearly but she could see he was beaten up and barely conscious his feet being dragged on the floor as they forced him along. Josh couldn't do anything but stare at his brother not able to do anything to help his younger brother.

"Give us what we want or we'll kill him!" They heard a threat and Demi let the tears fall from her eyes as he held a knife up to his neck.