Episode 17

Joe and Demi's date got ruined when the fire alarm sounded throughout the building. Everyone was promised a refund of the game they had not finished or started but they left before they could collect it. Joe wasn't too bothered about getting his money back, he just didn't want to let what happened ruin his date with Demi.

"Josh must be at Willa's." Joe stated kicking his shoes off as Demi did the same. It felt different in the house, something was different but he didn't know what it is. He shrugged it off leading her into the living room sitting down with her after she declined a drink.

"You seem a lot happier." Demi admitted reaching over taking hold of his hand.

"You make me happy!" He announced and she laughed leaning her head on his shoulder as she started to play with his fingers. Joe smiled as he watched. "I was gonna put a film on for us to watch until I walk you back home."

"Don't, I just want to sit here and talk." Demi replied looking up at him and he smiled pecking her lips gently and she smiled too her eyes back down on their hands but her eyes moved to the wall where there was a bit frame and Joe followed her eyes.

"They're my parents on their wedding day." Joe stated.

"I take back what I said about you looking like your mom before, you look a lot like your dad when he was younger." Joe smiled.

"I guess I do, or should I say we?" Demi laughed.

"I'm sorry what happened to your parents, nobody our age should have to go through something like that." Demi breathed.

"People go through it younger, sure it's hard but I've got to move past it and move on because I have my own life to lead," Joe stated. "You must know how it feels to lose a parent if you have a step dad? I remember you mentioning your dad died."

"Yeah, when I was a toddler. I don't really remember him but mom told me he wasn't a very good man, he was addicted to many drugs. He died in a prison riot," Demi explained. "So I don't really think I'm missing out on too much, Eddie has been around as long as long as I can remember so in my mind he's my dad."

"It's good you have someone like that, is he nice?" Demi laughed looking up at him.

"Once he gets to know what a good young man you are he'll be nice." She assured him and he laughed.

"Do I have permission to kiss you?" Joe asked and Demi laughed again nodding her head but she leaned up kissing him first Joe kissing her back instantly the two of them smiling through the kiss as they kept it going. They could slowly feel it becoming heated as tongues started to get involved Joe letting out a moan that was at the back of his throat. Demi fell back on the couch slightly bringing Joe over her but he had to pull back for air as he felt her cold hands go up his shirt. "We shouldn't really do this, I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't, well you will, that was a lie." Demi breathed and he let out a breathless laugh.

"I mean more with what happened at your first school."

"Don't worry about that, I'd rather do this with you now and give you my virginity then something like that to actually happen and some stranger have it." Demi admitted.

"If you're sure?" He double checked and Demi nodded her head gently smiling as he pecked her lips gently before getting off her helping her up. "I've never done anything like this before so it could be an embarrassing time for the both of us." Demi laughed.

"Joseph shut up." She demanded and he laughed taking hold of her hand rushing them towards the stairs.

Joe laid Demi down on his bed and she smiled keeping her arms around his neck bringing him down too and she kissed him gently Joe kissing her back as he started to work on her jeans fiddling with the button.

"You have protection right?" Demi mumbled against his lips and he pulled away from her looking down so he could do the button and she lifted her hips up so he could pull them down leaving her underwear on.

"Josh will have some," He replied dumping her jeans on the floor before going over to Josh's nightstand going into the draw taking one out throwing it on the bed next to Demi before he came back over to her and she sat up beginning to take off his shirt Joe helping dumping it on the floor. He leaned down crashing his lips onto hers again and she fiddled to get his belt undone. Clothes were soon shed and Joe grabbed the condom putting it on himself. "I'm sorry if I hurt you."

"Don't be sorry." She breathed as she moved back on the bed with him.

Joe thought it wouldn't feel right doing this whilst he still felt his mother around but he couldn't anymore. She was gone. And he could only presume her spirit had left now she knew both her sons were going to be fine.