Episode 34

It felt like Demi and Josh were sat in the relatives room for hours when in reality it was only about half an hour before a doctor came through into the room. They prayed it was to give them some news of how Joe was doing, they had contacted anyone who would care to tell them that Joe was out of the riot but in the hospital instead. But they had no idea how he was doing to tell them that.

"You're both here for Joseph Jonas?" He inquired and they both nodded their heads not finding the words to say to him. "He's stable now, he's on oxygen just to make sure that he's able to breathe. The stab wound wasn't very deep because it was a handmade weapon in the prison it wasn't very stable. It hasn't caused any damage apart from the pierce on the skin. He'll be sore for a while but he'll be okay." He assured them.

"That's a relief," Josh breathed. "Thank you, can we see him?"

"A nurse is just giving him a wash to get the dried blood off his skin and clean his cuts but afterwards you can. He might be resting though so leave him to rest if he wants to. Head in after ten minutes or so." They both thanked him as he left the room again so he could tend to some of his other patients.

"You think he'll want me there?" Demi mumbled.

"Of course he will, no matter what happened before all this kicked off I know he'll want to see you. He'd be more upset if you weren't there." He assured her and Demi took in a deep breath.

"I hope so." Demi murmured playing with her fingers. She knew she shouldn't have told him not to do the job he wanted, that was a mistake. Although the riot had kicked off, she'd never tell him 'told you so' or anything like that. Her main priority at the moment was making sure he was okay. Physically and mentally after what he experienced. She was just glad he was safe and she didn't have to worry about losing him and for her twins to lose their dad.

Demi and Josh left it the ten minutes they were told to even though they were eager to see Joe. They knew they wouldn't want to see him all bloody, he'd look much better once he had cleaned. When they entered the room they saw that the nurse was just cleaning up putting the bowl she had water in away in the cupboards kept in Joe's private room.

"I'm all done, you're welcome to visit. He fell asleep halfway through though so he could be resting for a couple of hours." She explained and they both nodded their heads in unison.

"That's fine, we'll stay however long it takes," Demi assured her making her way over to the side of the bed cracking a small smile seeing how peaceful he looked now whilst he was sleeping but she knew he'd be relaxing more knowing he was out of the situation he was in. Some of his colleagues were still in there. Josh pulled up a chair for her to sit down and Demi thanked him as she sat down and she reached over holding Joe's hand squeezing it gently. She just wanted him to know that someone was here and he wasn't alone. "If you want to go home to Willa and Mason you can. I'll stay here with him."

"I will if he's not awake in a couple of hours. I'll bring you something back to eat too." Josh promised and Demi nodded her head gently keeping her eyes on Joe. She could see where they had stitched up the wound it being covered. She was just glad the handmade weapon wasn't made well enough to cause too much damage. She knew things could have turned out a lot differently.

"At least he should be okay for your wedding." Demi stated.

"Yep, my wedding wouldn't be right without my brother." Josh admitted.

"Yeah cause he's your best man." Demi laughed slightly but she didn't want to disturb Joe. But she knew what Josh was trying to say, she knew how much the brothers adored one another. Demi loved Joe too and she'd help him through this, be supportive this time. Whether he wanted to go back into the job or not, she'd support him.