Episode 31

Demi unlocked the door to the house she had been living in with Joe for a couple of years now. It felt weird not coming back with him or to him being home already. She entered the house sighing as she switched the lights on Josh following her in. He had offered for her to spend the night with him and Willa and although she loved it with her parents she knew she wanted her friends around this time as well. Joe was close to them as well and they would need support too which they could offer one another.

"One minute," Demi mumbled entering the living room seeing her engagement ring on the coffee table. She picked it up slipping it back on her finger. "I was way out of line with everything I did and said to him. I just hope he will forgive me."

"I'm sure he will but I'm not sure he'll still want to be in his job by the time this is all over. It's bound to be a distressing time for him." Josh stated.

"Well, whatever he wants I'll support him like I should have done in the first place. It's just taken this long for me to realise that." Demi mumbled again but she left the room heading towards the stairs so she could pack some more clothes. She didn't know how much longer she'll be away from home, she hoped Joe would be home soon where he belonged and where he would be safe and sound. She packed everything she wanted before she headed back downstairs where Josh was waiting by the door.

"Got everything?" Demi nodded her head gently.

"I just want to go to bed, I'm exhausted." Demi spoke through a sigh.

"How about I pick us up some junk food on the way home, we'll have something to eat, then you can have a bath before bed then you won't be up at a ridiculous time in the morning." Josh stated as they stepped outside and Demi locked the door.

"Are we gonna go over again tomorrow?" Demi inquired.

"Maybe in the afternoon but you need to stay comfortable and I don't want to be away from home for too long." Josh stated, he knew Willa would understand, she wanted to be there with them but someone had to look after Mason.

"That's fine, I'm sure it will be on the news by the morning with an update or something." Demi stated as they got into the car and Josh pulled out of the drive heading towards home.

Demi got out the bath later on that night grabbing a towel around her. She smiled as it barely wrapped around her because her children were growing more and more everyday. She was scared when she first heard they were having twins but not she was just excited. She hoped that they had a strong connection as they grew up like Joe and Josh did. Josh was good at hiding it but she knew how much it was killing him knowing his brother was in danger. He wanted to go in there and save him just as much as she did. Demi dried her body before changing into her shorts and one of Joe's old shirts he was going to throw away. She knew it would fit her well when she got a bit bigger and she always liked to wear his shirts. They were comfortable and she felt comforted now that he wasn't around. She left the bathroom heading towards the guest bedroom cracking a small smile whens he saw Willa in there.

"Hey." She greeted.

"Have a nice bath?" She inquired and Demi nodded her head sitting next to one of her best friends.

"Sorry Josh hasn't been around much today." Demi breathed but Willa shook her head.

"He wants to be there just as much as you want to be there. If Joe gets released or something we all want to be there for him. Josh told me you guys broke up though?"

"It doesn't mean I don't love him, it was my fault anyway. I just don't want to see him get hurt and now this has happened. I just hope he'll find it in him to forgive me." Demi breathed.

"He will, he loves you too. That much is obvious. Every couple has their fights but if it was meant to be then you'll work past it, you two are supposed to be together." She assured her and Demi cracked a small smile.

"Thanks." Demi breathed.

"No problem, now I'll go get you the chain I used whilst I was pregnant and you can wear your ring all the time. Shows everyone that you're taken by someone special." Demi smiled as she disappeared coming back with the chain in her hand and she took the engagement ring off her finger hooping it around the chain before she helped her put it around her neck. Demi smiled wider feeling the ring against her upper chest.

"Thank you."

"It's no problem. I'll let you sleep now, Josh is already fast asleep and you should be too. I'll see you tomorrow." The two girls shared a hug before Willa left the room shutting the door behind her. Demi sighed as she laid down on the bed pulling the duvet over her looking at the time seeing it was just past ten. But she felt exhausted. She found herself saying a little prayer, praying that Joe was safe and he'd make it back to them unharmed.