Episode 33

Joe felt dazed as they held his body up him being on the verge of falling unconscious his whole body numb with pain. His vision was blurry but he could see figures behind the fence not quite able to make out who it was. He could feel the cold blade on his neck and he could hear voices but he couldn't quite make out what they were saying.

"Let him go and hand yourselves over, we'll listen to your demands when we're back in control." One of the officers demanded a bunch of guns being pointed their way but they didn't move the knife away from Joe's neck a couple of them still having to hold Joe's limp body up as he was slowly losing consciousness and he soon did but they kept him up right not caring that he needed medical attention. Demi desperately wanted to break through the gate and save the man she loved but she knew she couldn't risk his life and her own life.

"No, we are not doing anything until we start seeing some changes happening, we want some of our demands so we are sure you're gonna play ball. If not nobody is coming in and nobody is coming out. Do we have your word?" The negotiator demanded from them.

"That man there needs medical attention, we can sort this out fairly and quickly without anyone dying. Just let the hostages go then we can negotiate and make things better for you all." They reasoned but they could see straight away that they weren't having it but their eyes all went to Joe as he came back around groans escaping his mouth but it just made them hold him up more as he tried to get out of their grip until he felt the knife press against his neck more.

"We'll kill a hostage in sixteen hours if we haven't got any of our demands." He warned again and they let go of Joe for a moment. Demi screamed in horror as they plunged the knife into his side, Josh felt a pain in his side as if it was him who had been stabbed. Joe choked slightly on his breath as he fell onto his knees before falling back on the ground holding his side blood already seeping through his fingers. He didn't even hear or see the inmates run back into the building but they wouldn't shoot them. They still had other hostages inside which might be killed if they did anything. The gates soon opened and Demi darted inside heading straight over to Joe kneeling down by him as others came around too including Josh.

"D-Demi." He slightly stammered through the pain but she shushed him immediately running her fingers through his hair to keep him calm and hopefully still wiping away the few tears that escaped from his eyes.

"Demi you need to let the paramedics get to him." Josh urged.

"We're gonna be right here okay? I'm not gonna let you out of my sight again." Demi demanded but the tears fell faster down her cheeks as his eyes closed again the pain too much for him to cope with now and Josh dragged Demi away holding her tight in his arms as she sobbed into his chest tears falling down his face too as he saw his younger brother on the ground unconscious.

It wasn't long until they were all heading towards the hospital, Joe was rushed off before anyone could even get into the ambulance but Demi and Josh both felt as if they needed to stay close by in case they needed some comfort. However, the car ride journey was quiet between them. Demi was gazing out at the roads as it passed by and Josh was deep in thought thinking about his brother but concentrating on the road at the same time. The radio wasn't even. They both soon found themselves in the relatives room waiting for any news about Joe. The riot was still going on and they were relieved that Joe was out of there but now he was unstable fighting for his breaths in the hospital.

"I should go find someone, see if they know anything." Demi urged about to get up a hand on her bump to support but Josh stopped her.

"If they had anything to say they'd come find us, no news is good news at the moment." Josh assured her and Demi settled back against the chair a little bit but all she could think about was the man she loved. He looked identical to the man next to her but there was always something special about Joe, it didn't take her long to fall in love with him and she couldn't see herself not spending the rest of her life with him. The thought of losing him was tearing her apart inside.