Episode 25

It had been a few months since the proposal and when they found out they were expecting twins. They were taking each day as it came, not planning properly for the wedding but starting to look around. They were going to get married after the twins were born so they could be involved but also Demi could fit into the dress she had always imagined she'd get married in. She still worked as a childminder everyday of the week taking weekends off and Joe was still very much enjoying his work in the prison.

"Morning beautiful," Joe greeted as he came into the kitchen pecking her lips before he begun to pour himself a coffee. "How are you today?"

"I'm okay, you sleep well?"

"Since when do I struggle to sleep?" Joe chuckled and Demi laughed passing him a plate.

"Good point." Demi stated and they sat down together at the table Demi having her glass of orange juice ready poured sitting at the table for her. They often ate breakfast together, Joe only ever worked in the day, sometimes he would do overtime but he'd always make sure he didn't do any night shifts ready for when the babies came. He wanted to be able to say goodnight to them and help Demi with the bedtime routine.

"You got all the kids today?" Joe questioned.

"Yeah, Harry and Skylar then the older ones after school. They'll all probably be gone by the time you get home." Joe nodded his head gently, sometimes he was around when the kids were here and he had to be checked because of that but it wasn't a problem. He helped Demi with them sometimes if he wasn't at work. The kids seemed to enjoy him being around when he was.

"'When do you think you'll start maternity leave?"

"What I'm doing is pretty much my own business so I can take off as much time as I want as long as we can live on your wages. I'll just have to see when I start struggling and when I feel like I can come back and look after the twins too." Demi explained and Joe nodded his head gently. He knew their babies will be more reliant on Demi at first. He wouldn't have as long off as she was, he was allowed two weeks but that didn't seem enough to him to bond with his children.

"I'm working late today so I'll pick up some dinner on my way home, don't worry about me. Just feed yourself and the kids." Joe stated and Demi nodded her head gently.

"Are you going to pick up as many shifts when the kids are here?" Joe laughed shaking his head.

"I'm picking up as many as I can now to get all the money we can. I'll probably just work six hours a day when they're here and I've finished my paternity leave."

"Sounds good to me." Demi stated smiling as he kissed the side of her head as he got up finishing his coffee off.

"I'll see you later, I love you."

"I love you too." She answered watching as he put his plate in the dishwasher and left picking up his bag on the way.

"Harry come play nicely with Skylar." Demi encouraged holding her hand out for him and he took hold of her hand Demi leading him outside into the backyard where they had some play equipment for the kids. Harry ran over to the play equipment where Skylar was and Demi took a seat on the swing bench they had out there. Sometimes they sat outside for a bit if it was a nice evening but Demi often sat here so she could keep an eye on the children.

"Demi watch!" Skylar demanded shouting over at her and Demi smiled as Skylar made it across the monkey bars all by herself. She was an energetic three year old.

"Wow Skylar!" She exclaimed making the young girl grin. Demi grabbed her phone when it started ringing seeing it was Joe. She answered the call holding the phone up to her ear. "Hey Joe."

"Hey Dems, I've been asked if I can work in another prison covering someone for a week so I won't be home. Josh said he'd pop in and your parents are near by if you need them." He stated.

"You're not going to be home at all in the week?" Demi inquired.

"No, the prison is a couple of towns across." He replied and Demi let out the breath she was holding. She knew something was going on but she didn't know what.

"Okay, I guess we'll talk soon." Demi replied before she hung up sighing as she put her phone down.