Episode 19

Joe soon got to hold his nephew sitting down with him. Mason was still sleeping after having his first feed, he knew Josh and Willa must be tired and they wouldn't stay long. The labor had lasted throughout the night when they should be getting some sleep. Joe was admiring Mason amazed that something so beautiful could be created between two people. He had always wanted to be a father and he knew it was in Demi's plans to have children of her own one day.

"We'll go soon so you can both get some rest. We can babysit if you want too?" Demi joked and they both laughed.

"Nobody is taking my baby from me until he's older and I can cope with being away from him," Willa urged. "He feels too far away from me now and he's only across the room. It's a wonderful feeling being a mother Demi."

"So my own mother tells me," Demi laughed slightly. "But it's in our plans one day. We're still young."

"Good cause you'd make cute babies." Willa grinned laughing again with Demi.

"As if Mason isn't already adorable." Joe cooed as he got back up laying Mason in the crib again so he could sleep in peace and comfort. He knew they weren't planning to stay much longer and they both had the day off work so they had plans to go out and spend the day doing something.

"He really is beautiful guys, congratulations. Have you had any visitors yet?" Demi inquired.

"My mom was obviously here when I gave birth and dad was waiting in the relatives room with Emily. I knew you were both at work yesterday so we didn't expect you over night."

"There's plenty of time to see the little man." Josh agreed.

"I think we'll head off now and let you both get some sleep. We'll come over tonight if your not home by then." Joe stated and Demi nodded her head in agreement.

"Bye." Demi spoke as she leaned over giving Willa a hug and as Joe hugged Josh and they swapped Demi hugging Josh and Joe Willa before they said their final goodbyes, saying goodbye to little Mason before they left hand in hand.

Joe and Demi found themselves at the mall not long later making use to the day off they both had doing some shopping together. For the house and clothes for themselves. Joe never disliked going clothes shopping with Demi, as long as she was enjoying herself he was as well.

"We should go out for lunch somewhere, it's not often we both have the day off." Joe stated and Demi nodded her head in agreement.

"Not with dragging a bunch of children along with us," Demi laughed slightly taking hold of his hand again and Joe squeezed it gently. Demi worked as a childminder looking after two toddlers during the day and she had some older ones she picked up from elementary school once they had finished. She loved her job and she knew it would suit her lifestyle when she had kids of her own too. Joe's job wasn't quite as friendly. "I don't get many days off anyway. Not without booking them weeks in advance so I can warn the parents. Mason came just in time for my two days off."

"Yeah but you know you booked those days off for a reason." Joe grinned and Demi smiled leaning up kissing his cheek.

"Yes and I can't wait for it." She grinned back and Joe smiled squeezing her hand gently.

"I love you, you know?" Joe inquired.

"Of course you do, I'm amazing," Demi teased and Joe rolled his eyes at her. "I love you too Joseph, you know I do."

"I know, you tell me often enough." He replied wrapping his arm around her instead and Demi smiled.

"Considering how you were when I first met you, you're a different person." Demi praised and Joe smiled.

"Well, I had just lost my mother a week ago but I've learn how to cope without her and dad. Sure I'd prefer them both to still be around but I have an amazing girlfriend, great friends and the best brother I could wish for. I know you guys wouldn't have let me do anything stupid." Demi smiled as she walked with Joe. She admired him for making it through all he had been through but he knew he was right. She wouldn't let him get into any trouble.

"Now miss Lovato is this for Mason?" Joe questioned as he came up behind her after going to the bathroom finding her in the baby part of the clothes shop. She couldn't help but blush as she looked up at him and she shook her head gently.

"No, it's for our baby." She answered smiling as he wrapped his arms around her kissing the side of her head resting his hands on her flat stomach.