Episode 22

"Aren't you staying for dinner?" Josh inquired. "I can call Joe from work and he can come straight here." Demi laughed slightly shaking her head at him. She had already stayed for lunch when they invited her. She didn't want to spend the whole day alone on her day off, she wasn't used to being alone and she knew that wouldn't happen soon because they'd have a baby around.

"No, I have to get home and prepare some activities for the kids tomorrow." Demi lied but she knew that they'd probably know. They were planning to bring everyone together for a meal and tell them all about the new addition to the family all at once.

"Are you sure?" Willa questioned as she bounced Mason in her arms trying to settle him down after she had fed and burped him.

"I'm sure, Joe will be at home anyway, we'll spend the evening together doing something." She assured them.

"Baby making?" Josh questioned laughing as Will and Demi slapped him at the same time. "I'll take that as a no."

"We'll have a baby when we're ready." Demi replied but she gave him a hug saying goodbye to Willa and Mason not wanting to disturb Mason by giving his mom a hug. She left the house getting into her car waving to Josh and Willa as they stood at the door. She headed towards the prison where she knew Joe wouldn't be far off finishing. They hadn't arranged to meet here but she thought she'd surprise him then they can head straight to their hospital appointment remembering that he was getting changed at work. They'd be a little early but they'd get a drink somewhere before heading to maternity. Once she was there she waited a little while until she saw him coming out of the gate. She matched his smile as he saw her and the car and he came over getting into the passenger side the two of them sharing a kiss before Joe strapped in Demi pulling out of the parking place.

"What are you doing here? I would have walked." Joe stated settling back against the seat.

"I was at Josh and Willa's, they invited me for lunch so I thought I'd come pick you up and we'd go straight to the hospital," Demi stated and Joe nodded his head gently. "How was work?"

"It was alright, we found loads of drugs and some handmade weapons when we did a search." Joe stated.

"What will happen to those men?"

"If they were found in their cell they'll be punished, most likely spend some says in solitary confinement but if not we don't know who they belong to. Taking them away from where they knew they were is enough." Joe explained.

"I wonder how they get the drugs in, obviously the weapons are handmade but someone must bring these drugs into the place." Demi stated.

"Yeah, we do everything we can with visitors so we just have to do random searches when we can," Joe stated. "I'm looking forward to this appointment though. We can finally tell everyone after this."

"Yep, we'll in invite everyone out for a meal on Friday but I think they will presume it's baby news or engagement news." Demi laughed slightly and Joe smiled.

"We can announce both if you want?" Joe inquired looking over at her.

"Is this really your way of proposing to me?" Joe chuckled shaking his head gently.

"No, I have other plans." He declared and laughed as she blushed.

"I don't care what you do, just know that the answer will always be yes." Demi assured him smiling as he leaned over kissing her cheek gently but she kept her eyes on the road.

Joe and Demi went for a quick drink in the hospital's cafe before they headed towards the maternity part of the hospital Demi signing in before she joined Joe sitting down with him taking the plastic cup of water he had gotten for her.

"I'm getting kinda nervous now." Demi mumbled and Joe took hold of her hand squeezing it gently to comfort her. He'll admit he was kind of nervous. It was the first time either of them were going through something like this.

"It's normal to be nervous but I'm sure everything is okay with the baby." Joe assured her. Demi knew the odds for twins was high and she couldn't help but feel like she was having twins, her stomach was bloated but she wasn't sure stage her bump would start getting as big as she was. She wouldn't object to twins but she wished that whether she had one or two that they were healthy.

"I've had names picked out since I was a little girl you know?" Demi inquired looking up at him and he smiled pecking her lips gently wrapping his arm around her.

"I'll here them once we know what we're having." He replied and she smiled laying her head on his chest listening to the steady beating of his heart.