The White Rose

The White Rose: Alice in Wonderland 

Forgotten Disney Character

*Reads Kilala Princess as a lady walks in*

Lady: "It's a pleasure, Princess Aurora. My name is Malecent, and I bring good wishes on your birthday."

Me: Oh, please. That's totally Maleficent! Come on!

*A few pages later*

Lady Malecent: "But, what a pity the Prince isn't here today. I won't make the same mistake I did a year ago!"

Kilala And Aurora: "Maleficent!?"

Me: I TOLD YOU! IT WAS SO FREAKING OBVIOUS!

Sparky: Rose. Calm down.

Rose: *Sigh* Sorry, even though I love this series, that part is just so...*sigh* Let's review our forgotten character, shall we?

Sparky: I'll take it from here. *Clears throught*

Today's forgotten character is the White Rose from Alice in Wonderland voiced by Norma Zimmer. 

Even though we only see this character for only a moment, her appearance is what brings her into this book

She sings only two lines in "Golden Afternoon"

There's a wealth of happiness and romance

All in the golden afternoon

But why is she here? Why does she get a special little place to sing her solo? My theory is because of the White and Red roses and their significance in Wonderland. Like the song, "painting the roses red."

I wonder why roses are so important in Alice in Wonderland? 

Upon some research, I found out why. "The Queen and King of Hearts are from the House of Lancaster as symbolized by the fact that they are the red king and queen of hearts. This would also explain why they are painting the roses red, as it is their symbol. Another reason they were painting the roses red was due to the fact that the previous white roses represented their rivals, the House of York."

"The King of Hearts represents King Henry VI, while the Queen of Hearts represents Queen Margaret. We can tell it was these rulers due to the fact that King Henry VI was insane. In the last couple of chapters, The King of Hearts appears to be insane during the trial, often skipping over necessary court procedure. He also makes several wierd remarks and asks strange questions. Since he is King Henry VI, the Queen of Hearts has to be Queen Margaret. We could also conclude that the Knave that is being put on trial is from the House of York."

"The Duchess must have some importance in this satirical depiction of the War of Roses, since the Queen of Hearts despises the Duchess. We can probably be certain that this Eleanor, the Duchess of Gloucester. From this we can say that the baby that the Duchess is holding is Richard of Gloucester, who eventually became Richard III. We can also probably say that the Cheshire Cat represent the Parliament who probably met on and off during this time or turmoil, just the Cat often appears and disappears."

"There are other events that occurred in the War of Roses that are not included, thus I am sure that there are also references to the War of Roses in the sequel to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland called Through the Looking-Glass."

And there we go. Comment below your thoughts if you agree! How I do, Rewrite?

Rose: As always, amazing. Let's, celebrate with pizza.

*Unbeknownst to all, a silhouette watches from afar and locks eyes on Rewrite.*

"We found you."

......

Always a D.R.E.A.M. (Disney Rules Everything Around Me)

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/aliceproject10.wordpress.com/2009/12/03/painting-the-roses-red/amp/