Groundskeeper

Groundskeeper

Deleted Disney Character

Rose: Where the heck are we? These woods looks vaguely familiar....

Sparky: A little stroll in the woods don't hurt anybody.

Rose: It would if it's dark and on Halloween. What are you planning?

Sparky: Nothing. Don't gang up on me like that. Only just you fail to mention this deleted character that is related to where we are going.

Rose: It seems I have been failing to mention a lot of things. What did I miss?

Sparky: *Shows Rewrite with a name on paper.*

Rose: "The Groundskeeper?"

Sparky: Yep.  You read, now tell the story.

Rose: Originally, Don Knotts was cast as the Groundskeeper seen at the entrance to the cemetery in the ride. While the character was cut as the movie, The Haunted Mansion, both the Groundskeeper and his faithful, fearful dog can be glimpsed among the ghosts populating the cemetery in the film.

 While the character was cut as the movie, The Haunted Mansion, both the Groundskeeper and his faithful, fearful dog can be glimpsed among the ghosts populating the cemetery in the film

So technically he's not deleted yet he is and makes the cameo in the movie. He is also known semi-officially as Silas Crump, is one of the only living resident of the Haunted Mansion, working as the caretaker of the Mansion and the graveyard found on it's grounds. He appears Trembling in terror, while holding lantern in one hand and a shovel in the other.

His dog cowers at his feet, whimpering in fear as part of cowering with his owner.

Rose: *Thinks* WAIT, are we going to-

Sparky: Ta-da!

Rose: *Sees the mansion and remembers the events from 2016. She falls, while holding her head*

Sparky: Oh my gosh, Rose, are you alright?

Rose: *Still holding her head* No, too many bad memories that happen here and how I was I tricked into becoming the 100,000th member.

Sparky: Maybe, we should get you home, and eat a bunch of candy instead. Sounds good?

Rose: Sparky, I swear if you do this again, I'll- *She stops in mid sentence, as a black snake slithers around them. Rose immediately recognize the snake. She tries to pull Sparky out of the way in time, but it was too late. The snake bit his leg, filling his body with poison.*