Sports Festival, Start!

T wo weeks later...

The sports festival had arrived quickly. Class 1-A all hung around in the prep room, calming down or psyching up. (F/n) jumped in place, her ribbons curling up and then unraveling with every other jump. Cramps... Really... Hurt! Stupid period! Why'd you... Come today?! After a couple more seconds, she stopped, not wanting to tire herself out before the actual festival. This sucks, but... I'll have to make do. Especially after all the effort I went through to participate!

Training with Toshi was harsh ... He definitely didn't hold back, even in his powered down form. Ugh, I don't want to go through that again... (F/n) shuddered a the thought, her hand going to her neck as she did. This'll be the second time I use these ribbons for something other than personal needs. With the exercise I got the last two weeks, that move I was trying to do should work now!

"(L/n)."

Surprised to hear her name being called, (F/n) turned around to be faced with Shoto. "Todoroki? What is it?" Her ribbons formed the shape of a question mark. Shoto inhaled quietly before speaking. "I heard about the debate for your participation," He began, and (F/n) immediately stiffened. "Seems like everyone's overestimating you too much." That made her recoil, and her she crossed her arms. "Excuse me? What's your deal, Todoroki? I haven't done anything to you, have I?"

"No, you haven't. I'm just saying to not get full of yourself. I will beat you." He stated, with no emotion in his voice whatsoever. (F/n) narrowed her eyes and stepped up to him, despite Eijiro's attempts to stop her. "Damn, what a hypocrite. Guess it'll be nice to wipe the floor with you, huh?" It almost looked like someone would throw a punch when Izuku stepped in between them. "Guys, let's not fight! We're just about to start, and-"

"You too, Midoriya. I've seen that All Might has his eye on you, but that doesn't matter." Shoto looked at (F/n) and Izuku before speaking again. "I will win. I'm stronger." (F/n) took a step back but didn't respond. Boy, what's up with him? How did he hear about that meeting? And why does he care? "Todoroki, you're right about being stronger than me, but... None of us really know what (L/n) can do. Also..." Izuku clenched a fist, looking Shoto in the eye. "Even the other classes are giving it their all. So... I'm gonna give it my all too!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's U.A's sports festival! The one time each year when our fledgling heroes compete in a ruthless grand battle!" Present Mic held his arms out wide. "First up... You know who I'm talkin' about! The miraculous rising stars who brushed off a villain attack with their willpower! It's the first years of the hero course!"

"It's Class A!"

The crowd erupted into cheers and hoots and hollers as Class 1-A walked out onto the field. Izuku looked around nervously. "Whoa, what a crowd..." He said, placing a hand on his heart nervously. (F/n)'s ribbons waved at various spectators as she looked around. Amazing... The festival really is a big deal! She began to jump in place again before a sudden pain below the belt made her double over. Oh, you piece of shit. Cramps, do me a favor and fuck off. I'll bleed later.

Once all the classes were on the field, everyone gathered around a small, makeshift stage where Midnight, the referee for the first years, stood. "Now for the Athlete's Oath! Your student representative is Katsuki Bakugou, from Class 1-A!" (F/n) nudged Katsuki with her elbow, making him roll his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I'm goin'..." He made his way out of the crowd and onto the stage. "The Athlete's Oath..." He stuffed his hands in his pockets as he spoke.

Once we finished the oath, he added, "Make no mistake about it. I'm gonna take first place!" Katsuki flicked off everyone who protested as he walked back into the crowd, intentionally bumping into Izuku. "Careful, Katsuki," (F/n) said to him as he stood next to her. "Too much confidence can lead to your demise." Katsuki scoffed in response. "I'm only sayin' the truth. Of course, period blood might be your "demise"..." Blood rushed up to her face and she weakly punched his arm. "Shush! That wasn't needed!"