Surprises, Good and Bad

"It's Class B's assassin! Every... Something-or-other has its thorns, right?! It's Ibara Shiozaki!"

"Versus..."

"The American transfer student with a capability like no other, it's Class A's (F/n) (L/n)!"

The crowd began to cheer wildly. (F/n) attempted to put on a smile, but she was feeling a lot of pain. Ahah. Ahah. Fuck me with a chainsaw, 'cuz that's what I feel like right now! "Start!" Present Mic exclaimed, and the crowd quickly hushed. Okay, she's got vines as hair, so that means we have similar Quirks. (F/n) immediately charged forward, her ribbons lashing like whips. Ibara countered by using her vines to grab at (F/n)'s feet.

Woah! (F/n) quickly dodged and rolled to the side as another attack came. Jeez, let up a bit for a girl that's bleeding! When the vines came toward her when her back was turned, a ribbon attacked it and sliced it in half . The crowd and Ibara gasped. "Ooh, (L/n)'s got sharp blades!" Present Mic narrated. Ibara looked horrified for a second before she let the vines that were cut retreat before letting others attack. I can... I can cut her vines! Finding this ability to her advantage, (F/n) charged at her opponent again, this time with a smirk. The vines kept coming, but her ribbons cut them down like a katana.

"No... This is not possible...!" (F/n) heard as she approached Ibara. "Sorry, but it is!" (F/n) yelled, grabbing the other female with a ribbon before tossing her out of the ring. When it look like Ibara's vines were about to touch down, the ribbon girl quickly cut them away. Ibara crashed down onto the ground outside of the boundary line, landing with a thud. "Shiozaki is out of bounds! (L/n) moves onto the second round!"

Before she left the ring, (F/n) ran over to Ibara and held out a hand. "Hey. That was a good battle. I'm glad there's someone else with a Quirk like me!" She grinned. Ibara looked up at her for a second before taking her hand and standing up. "Yes, I agree. I am glad you were my opponent," The girl stated, giving (F/n) a small smile before they walked off the field together.

"So, how do you regrow those things? That's really cool, you know!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first round was finally finished.

"Ochako, are you alright?!" (F/n) burst into the room where Ochako was taking a break. Izuku was inside as well. The brown haired girl smiled at (F/n). "Yeah, I'm fine! Bakugou's really strong!" She exclaimed, giving a thumbs up. With a sigh of relief, (F/n) gave a pat to her ribbons, who had been wriggling in fear. "Yes, he is... But you still did very well! Had Katsuki been angry, you would've won for sure!" Izuku and Ochako gave her a strange look, making her raise an eyebrow. "What?" She asked.

"You're sounding a lot like Shiozaki..." Izuku stated, and (F/n) immediately laughed. "Oops, was I? My bad. We were talking about our Quirks... But, that's not important. Ochako," The girl quickly steered the subject away away from herself. "What you did was an amazing feat, trust me! I mean, come on, it's Katsuki, y'know?" Ochako giggled. "You sound like you really respect him, (F/n). Which is surprising!" The girl laughed while (F/n) coughed awkwardly.

"A-Ah, is that what it sounds like? I mean, I knew him when we were kids, and he's powerful, but I'm not sure if respect is quite the right word..." (F/n) stammered out. Luckily, she was saved by the announcement of the second round. "Well, guess I better get going. See ya, Uraraka, (L/n)!" Izuku smiled and waved before walking out the door. After a couple minutes of silence, (F/n) took her leave as well.

From what I saw, Ochako really held her own against Katsuki. But, if Katsuki was going full blast on her, that meant he actually saw her as competition. He's been that way since we were kids, and Izuku agrees with me. (F/n) made it back up to the spectator's seats right before Shoto and Izuku began to fight. She took the empty spot next to Katsuki and looked over to him.