Nothing But the Truth

"This is a long story, so sit tight. It all began once I moved to America to live with my father..."

"Mommy, why is daddy never home?"

A young (F/n) looked up at her mother as she asked the question, putting her hands behind her back. Small ribbons wiggled on the back of her neck like little snakes.

"Because, (F/n)," Her mother mumbled, looking out the window for something. "Your father just has to be a hero."

"Heroes are rare in America- hell, people with Quirks are rare. With that being the case, most people with Quirks turn into villains- people without guidance from someone."

"My father was never home, and my mother soon grew depressed, never sleeping or ever really paying attention to me."

"(F/n)! You are becoming a hero today," (F/n)'s father said, striding through her room. "And there are no if, ands, or buts about it. You're also going to school now, you hear me?"

"D-Dad?" (F/n) asked, rolling off her bed. "What happened? I heard screaming down the hall, and-"

"It doesn't matter! Come with me!"

"I don't want to go through everything I went through, but at age eight I received my hero's licence and finally went to a public school. Everything was so sudden... And going to a public school was terrible."

"Ha-ha, she's a spider!"

"Ewww, a bug!"

"Let's squash her!"

(F/n) scrambled back into the wall as tears ran down her face. "S-Stop this, please... Leave me alone..."

The kids only got closer, laughing and grinning.

"Please..." (F/n) clenched her fists and bit her lip. "Stop it!"

Venom flowed through her teeth and splattered onto the bullies, making them scream and run away.

"(L/n), how could you?!"

"After getting suspended from school, I walked into the house to find no one... And a few days later I was assaulted and kidnapped. My ribbons were forcefully put back into my neck and stayed there for years."

"When my father found me, I was half-dead; I had gone through so much pain that I had completely lost my grip on my senses. I was taken to a hospital and attempted to recover. The process took about half a year."

"Ah, (F/n), I'm so glad you're getting released today! How about I take you out to dinner tonight?" (F/n)'s father asked, standing by her hospital bed. (F/n) put on a smile.

"I'd love that."

"I was still able to do hero work thanks to the combat training my dad had given me before. My mother... I never saw her again."

"Eventually, being in America was getting dangerous. Just stepping out of the house gave you a high possibility of being shot or mugged. There was no safe haven. With that being said, my father arranged for me to come back to Japan alone and to be taken under a friend of his- whom you all know as All Might."

"So now, with my mother missing, my father dead, and my adoptive father retired, here I am: The only member of the (L/n) family standing as a pro hero."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The room fell quiet as (F/n) finished her story. She shifted uncomfortably from one leg to another, her hands clasped behind her back.

"...Why didn't you tell us before, (F/n)?" Momo broke the silence, sitting up on the couch. The others nodded their heads in agreement.

(F/n) opened her mouth, then closed it, then opened it again. "I...," She mumbled, not knowing what to say. "It wasn't safe. There is a possibility that my mother is associated with the League of Villains, which I only found out recently. But there was too much risk... I couldn't let anyone get hurt. I'm sorry for keeping this from you all..."

The room once again went into silence. (F/n) let out a quiet sigh. I should've expected this... Why did I do this? Everything could've been just fine...

"So what? Who cares if you've already gone pro?" A voice called, and (F/n) turned around.

It was Katsuki.

"It's not like you were hiding the fact you were a villain or a spy or somethin'-" He said, standing up. "And you're just like everyone else. We all have secrets, things we wanna hide from other people. Yours just happened to be bigger... But it's not like it matters. You're still you and that hasn't changed."

The class stared at Katsuki, amazed by his out of character empowering speech.

"Y-Yeah, Kacchan is right!" Izuku added, standing up. "You're still the (F/n) we met on the first day of school. You're part of Class 1-A and we all have our thing. So that means you belong here just as much as the rest of us!"

The rest of the class began to add in their agreements, gradually sounding more confident as they continued.

"You're with us!"

"You belong with Class 1-A!"

"You're our friend, (F/n)!"

(F/n) slowly looked at all of her classmates. "You guys..." She muttered, putting a hand on her chest.

"Thank you so much..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, (F/n) lay on her bed, staring up at the ceiling above her as she lost herself in thought.

They took it so well... That was such a surprise. I was so scared...

I was more surprised that Katsuki actually said something. Out loud. I never thought he'd do something like that for me...

There was a sudden knock on her door, making (F/n) sit upright. What? Isn't it past curfew?

(F/n) cautiously got off her bed and made her way to the door. Who is it...?

She carefully opened the door.

"K-Katsuki?"

"...Let me in. We need to talk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...

Don't. Throw. The chair.

Hi guys! I am so so sooooo sorry this came out late.

And short.

And crappy.

Etc.

But my life has had a bit of a tussle (relationships, school, drama, etc) and I completely forgot about this.

Sorry.

I'll make sure to give you guys a better chapter this month! Thanks for reading and staying with me so far...