the Kai residence

"So, this is it?" he asked, eyes wide. 

"Yeah," I said almost down hearted. 

I despise this house. The truth is harsh; I envy Dylan for being so brave and getting the fuck away from this, this hellhole. Not necessarily all the time though.

"Miss Kai, welcome home," Kristen, the house keeper, greeted opening the front doors for me. Us I mean. I don't usually have company.

"Don't tell them I'm home and don't tell them I have company," I said. 

"Yes miss."

"Oh and get your husband and son. I need someone to help Derek up the stairs." 

Do you know how a nun would look at you if you asked her if she wanted to have sex with a hobo? 

That's the same look Kristen is giving me.

"He's the one I almost ran over. He needs help up the stairs," I explained with narrowed eyes.

"You don't have to explain yourself miss." 

"Apparently I do."

"I'm sorry you feel that way," she said scurrying away.

"Alissa!" Lish's voice boomed.

Angry as always.

"Lish," I greeted monotonously as he stood in front of me.

"I don't care if you whore around but I will not allow you to bring your sex companions into this house! kindly ask your friend to leave."

As I stood there, watching him angry and glaring at Derek, I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm not-"

"Shut up Derek; you don't have to explain anything," I barked, my laughter dying down.

"Calm down," Derek whispered putting a hand on my waist, slightly pulling me backwards.

"Derek, without much protest, leave," Lish said looking at Derek.

"He's not leaving," I said dismissively.

"Don't challenge me Alissa!" Lish roared.

"Listen up Melisha, I live here and whether you like it or not, Derek is going to stay over. Tonight, the night after and until I tell him to leave. Now go crawl back up dad's ass," I finished feeling Derek's grip get tighter before he pulled me behind him.

"Yes miss Alissa," Ian, Kristen's husband, said.

"Help Derek up the stairs, would you? Be gentle; he's hurt," I said turning to him.

"Don't," Lish barked.

"Go on Ian. Don't mind Lish."

"I said Don't," Lish roared.

"Ian," I said dismissing him.

"I'm sorry mr Lish," he mumbled clutching Derek's hand as he helped him up the stairs.

"Know where the power of your word stands," I snarled.

"I do know-"

"So you know it's beneath my shoe, right?" I asked.

"You better not talk to me-"

"Or what?" I asked.

I waited for his response but it never came.

"Thought so," I snorted out. 

"I fucking hate you. Everyday I wish it was you, instead of Dylan-"