Loyal

The exam kicked my ass pretty bad, but I kicked it back even harder when I copied, off the guy seated next to me, enough to get a passing grade.

Once I did that, with two more hours until the end of the exam, I filled out the paper work to assure the authorities that I'm, willingly, withdrawing my right for two hours and 45 minutes for the exam. I left the proctor and headed straight to my car, determination in my steps. I was going to get my life back on track and going back to the ballet arena was one of the first steps.

I knew the route like the back of my hand, and in a matter of minutes, I was parked and standing just a few steps away from the entrance. I missed this place so much, and for the love of everything holy, I couldn't place my finger on why I never thought of it when I needed comfort. With a huge smile on my face, I pushed the doors open and took a deep breathe basking in the smell of blueberries that seemed to be stuck to the walls.

"Oh my fucking god!"

My eyes searched the crowd until they landed on the owner of the familiar voice, Aiden. He's been training students here long before I even took up ballet.

"Welcome back, Swan," he murmured in disbelief.

I guess it's really been a long time.

"Hey, Aiden," I smiled hugging him warmly.

"I hope you're back with some good news for me!"

"I told you, I don't want to take up ballet professionally-"

"But you're so good-"

"until after highschool," I said patting his hunched shoulder before I brushed past him.

"You will be the death of me, Swan!"

"Your age will be the death of you, you old man," I threw his way with a chuckle.

"I'm not that old!" He said mocking offense. Even without looking at him, I know he's smiling.

"Old is gold," I chimed excitedly as I slipped on my leggings and shoes behind some dangling curtain.

As I laced my shoes, I took a good look around. I missed this place so much! The people obviously missed me too; their faces are going to be stuck in smiles if they don't stop smiling, and their hands are going to fall off from waving.

This is the only place where everyone knows me for who I really am. 

"Hey guys," I whispered to everyone as I passed them by.

"Hey,"

"Yeah?"

"Can you perform the swan choreography? We have pairs of new eyes who would benefit from seeing such beauty," Aiden said, his native tongue slipping up a few times.

The swan. A dramatic piece that I love from the bottom of my heart, for it's dark and full of passion from the swift movments of your arms to the sharp twists. Besides, it's the only thing as dark as the soap opera that is my life.

"Yeah, sure," I said smiling like a three year old that just had her first tooth fall out. 

∆∆∆∆∆∆

I looked up as everyone started clapping making a shy smile creep onto my face. I have to admit, getting an ego boost like this every once in a while is all the therapy I need. It gives me a chance to snap out of my trance giving the real, old, Alissa a chance to crawl out of the shell she's hiding in.

The real old Alissa; post Dylan, Black and Asher Alissa.

"Okay everyone! Back to your positions; we still have choreographies to rehearse!" Aiden called snapping his fingers together.