Chapter-45

Chapter Forty Five

Percy's POV

I shook my head, nervousness, fear, and dread visibly seen on my feautures, Destruction was at the very front of the army, it was ten times bigger than the previous army. The primordial himself held a black sword, a skull imbued onto the handle, his armor was on par with Chaos Metal, Destruction was equal to the power of Chaos, or Order, or End, or Void, the first five primordials  that came into existence

I gritted my teeth, grabbing Netherbane's handle and pulling it out of its sheath. I clutched the green sword, this was one of the very first time I actually had fear since ten thousand years ago, hundreds upon hundreds of years of battle training shaped me into someone who couldn't sense fear, who didn't feel fear, now was like none other, the threat was a primordial, and a very powerful one.

Skye raised her hands in the air, the Assassins behind her suddenly grabbing a bow and pulling the string, inserting an arrow, ready to be fired. I suddenly started to formulate any kinds of plans, a small idea suddenly formed into my head, it wasn't that smart of a battle tactic, but it was out only option.

"Demigods, don't go into close quarters, only ranged, under no circumstances should you face the monsters up close, they have hundreds upon hundreds of monsters at their disposal, they could easily overcome any of you, no matter how good you are." I commanded, I saw a particular person huff in annoyance, that person was Angelo.

The monsters army screamed at the top of their lungs, a battle chant echoing throughout the battlefield, the monsters ran at the demigod army at a steady pace, holding either shields, swords, or simply claws and teeth. I ran towards the monsters clutching Netherbane in hand, I jumped up in the air delivering a nice solid kick to a Cylops, I jumped on top of the monster and plunged Netherbane to the monsters skull. I instantly checked my sorroundings, another cyclops appearing in my peripheral vision, I clutched Netherbane and plunged it at the monsters abdomen, it turned to dust almost instantly.

The sky suddenly started to darken, a volley of arrows suddenly rained from the sky, all of the arrows hitting their mark, not one landing on the ground, a large chunk of the monsters suddenly turning to dust from the attack, though it made a very smal ldent to the actual size of their army.

I clutched Netherbane and made a large slice at a dracaenae, the green sword suddenly exploding into green smoke, the monsters around me suddenly dropping to the ground, dead. I looked around me seeing the situation that we were in, thanks to the Assassins, the monsters didn't even get close to the demigods, if a stray one manage to make it, they would be quickly picked off by the demigods, from medium to long ranged combat.

I shook my head, focusing on the situation at hand. A sudden white light shine through the ranks of the monsters, they all suddenly turned to dust, a sudden white light cleaving its way through the monsters. Skye stood at the middle with a small smirk, holding her Orderian Ruby sword in hand, her sword still glowing a faint white.

"Bout time you showed up." I stated, plunging Netherbane into a monsters stomach.

"I was commanding the Assassins, I was bound to be a late by a few minutes." Skye stated with a small smirk. A cyclops suddenly sneaked up behind me only to be turned to dust by a sudden light, courtesy of Vos, I gave him a small nod in appreciation and went back to continuing my onslaught.

"Damn, they don't stop coming." I said plunging Netherbane through a hellhounds chest, I clutched my sword and made a large arc, decapitating three monsters from the attack.

"No Styx Sherlock." Skye said cleaving through more monsters in an instant. I held Netherbane in my hand departing silently wether or not I should use my weapons. I sighed in defeat, sheathing Netherbane and twisting Frostguar. The familiar ice cold sword suddenly sprang to life, materializing in my hand, a frosty and icy prescience sorrounding the ancient and magical item or object.

The monsters stared in amazement, looking at Frostguard in slight awe, I smirked readying Frostguard, I launched a couple of attacks in quick succession, surprising the monsters, their shock rooting them to their spot. I quickly moved with speed and agility, making the smallest cuts on every monsters body. They didn't scream in pain, they only stared around in confusion, just as they thought nothing happened, a sudden frost covered their legs, rooting them to their spot.

I grabbed Frostguard and raised it in the air, preparing a strike, I brought the sword down, a prescience of frost sorrounding the area, the monsters suddenly exploded in dust, all of the monsters dropping to the ground in the form of dust, like the Avengers, what too soon?

"Nice sword." Skye complimented, plunging her sword at a monster from another planet.

"Thanks, I got it from, actually I dunno where I got it, just a random encounter ish." I said with a shrug, readying Frostguard and decapitating a bunch of monsters in an instant. I sighed, shaking my head turning towards Skye, she wasn't there. I raised my eyebrows, making a 360 scan on the area to check on where she was, to my absolute and complete shock, I saw her, but in a bad situation.

Sky kneeled on the ground, her arms and legs, tied with handcuffs, the whole army was there, they all were in bonds, struggling against them, their hoods covering their faces which were filled with fear and anxiety. Destruction smirked, holding his sword, a malicious smile etched across his evil features.

"Ah, Percy Jackson." Destruction said with a small smile, I growled a little, holding Frostguard in my hand.

"Turn yourself over, and I will let your so called friends go." Destruction said, twisting his sword a little, Skye gulped, a single bead of sweat dropping from her forehead, it was as if in an instant she instantly was kidnapped, probably the power of a primodial. I widened my eyes at his threat, I scanned the area trying to find anything that could benefit my situation, nothing, there was nothing, only the sounds of battle, there was nothing I can do.

"Okay, Okay, you got me, now let my friends go." I said, Frostguard turning back to a ring, I raised my hands in surrender, black chains suddenly appeared in my wrists, binding me and restraining my powers. Destruction smiled cutting my friends' chains, they sighed, instantly turning to me, a look of realization crossing their face, they have just realized that I sacrificed myself for them.

"I promised to let them go." Destruction said with a small sickly smile.

"But I didn't  say I couldn't kill them." Destruction said, grabbing his sword and making a large arc towards my friends heads, I widened my eyes, a blood curling scream escaping from my mouth, it was as if time seemed to slow down, Destructions sword was moving at a snail's pace, my friends had a calm expression on their face not knowing what was about to come, I sat there, In a kneeling position, the handcuffs connected to the ground. I got checkmated.

Word Count

1409

Words

A/N

Oh wow, I'm very very very slow at updating nowadays, I've been very busy, balancing out school, sleep, and updating my other book, this is not my first priority by the way, I'm just re editing all of the chapters, and I just can't find the inspiration to do it, I'm not making a plot or storyline, just re-reading the chapter, deleting a paragraph, replacing the events and wordings, then boom a chapter is completed, but don't be fooled, it takes a very long time to edit these, I estimate about an hour per chapter.

I'm very sorry for the slow updates, I can hopefully upload again tomorrow, or the day after that, I just want to sleep and get rid of this sleep deprivation I am having, it is really getting on my nerves on how little sleep I'm getting, now I gotta go, I need meh some sleep. Bye guys, wish me luck on my endeavors(dreams)