Chapter Twelve

Skyler's POV

I turned back to the sea. Then I turned around and called Rotom out. "Yezz, Skyler?" he asked me. "I want to start my next trial right away, so show me where the trial site is." He nodded. "Zrrt, here it is! Brooklet Hill, home of the Water-type trial. You'll need to go along Route 4, through Paniola Town, and then Route 5." I nodded. "Ok, lets go."

I ran up Route 4. I didn't have to battle anyone there, and didn't bother exploring, though I saw a Berry Tree. I would come back later. Now, I wanted to get to Brooklet Hill. I arrived at Paniola Town, and I could see Hau ahead. "How'd he get here before me!?" I exclaimed. Luckily, he didn't see me yet. I was sure he was going to challenge me to a battle, being Hau. I hesitated, then approached.

Hau quickly noticed me and waved. "Hey, Skyler! I was wondering if you wanted to battle!" I sighed, but nodded. My Pokemon were fine, so I suppose I could do it. "Bring it on!"

--Time skip for battle, 'cause :p--

I won, as usual, but I'm not bragging. It's annoying, people keep thinking I'm so amazing because I haven't lost a single battle yet. I went into the Pokemon Center to quickly heal my Pokemon, and then ran through the town, and found a ranch. "Zrrt, this is Paniola Ranch!" I nodded to Rotom and continued, when someone ran towards me. She had green hair, with a pink flower in it. "Hi, are you Skyler?" I nodded silently. "Oh, then I have something to show you! I'm Mallow, by the way. Could I have your Ride Pager a moment?" I handed it to her, still not saying a word. She handed it back to me a bit later. "There! I just registered Stoutland to your Ride Pager. Stoutland can help you search for hidden items." I nodded again. "Thank you," I said. 'No problem! You should head up Route 5 and meet Lana!"

I was running up Route 5 after finishing a battle with a trainer, when I heard someone say, "Aww, man!" It was Hau. I ran up to him, and to see who with him? You guessed it: Gladion. "Umm..." I murmured. "Oh, hi again Skyler!" Hau said. I nodded to him, then turned to Gladion. "What are you doing here?" I asked slowly. "I live on this island," he told me. "Oh...well, I should get going, I'm going to Brooklet Hill." I turned and walked away.

I arrived at Brooklet Hill to see a girl waiting for me. "Hi, I'm Lana!" she told me. "I'm Skyler, I'm here to do your trial." Lana nodded. "In that case, follow me." I followed her across a bridge, and to a large area of water. "See those splashes over there? I need you to go investigate them for me." I nodded. "Oh, you'll need something to get across the water. Hand me your Ride Pager for a bit." I waited. "Here, I just registered Lapras to your Ride Pager. You can surf across the water now!" Lana handed my Pager back to me, and I summoned a Lapras. I sat on it's back, and directed it to the big splashes.

I waited for something large to pop out, but nothing large attacked. The very opposite. A tiny Wishiwashi. I grinned, and easily defeated it. I rode back to shore, and told Lana. "Just a Wishiwashi? Strange." She took me to the next pool, and I did the same routine. "Another Wishiwashi!?" I muttered as I fought the next one.

A bit later, Lana took me to a larger pool. "Here is where the splashing is biggest. I would be surprised if it was another Wishiwashi!" I nodded and rode out on Lapras. Expecting a tiny fish, I was shocked when a huge creature leaped out at me. "Zrrt!" Rotom buzzed, leaping out of my bag. "Wishiwashi, school form!" I nodded. It had a strange aura around it. The totem Pokemon. "Nyx, go!" I called, sending him out. "Use Psychic!" The Wishiwashi roared, and another Wishiwashi appeared, though in Solo Form. "Always focus on the totem first." I said to myself. Then the totem used Brine, though it didn't do much damage. The ally Wishiwashi used Aqua Ring, but I didn't care because I could one-shot KO it anyway. "Psychic, again!" The totem was down to one quarter health. Totem Wishiwashi used Brine again, and the ally one used Feint Attack. Super effective. I winced, but Nyx used Psychic once more and killed it. Then I killed the little ally Wishiwashi. Then I realized I was soaked from the huge splash. I took my wet jacket and draped it over my shoulder for now.

Lana smiled at me. "Here is Waterium Z! You earned it!" She instructed me on how to use it, and then handed me ten Dive Balls along with a Fishing Rod. "These are good for catching Pokemon who live underwater, and you can pull them out with this Fishing Rod." she said. I nodded, and placed all the items in my bag. (Hermione enchanted it for her, if you guys read the Deathly Hallows you know what I'm talking about XD) I was shivering, but Lana didn't notice. I needed some dry clothes. I turned and left. I walked to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon, and I encountered Gladion there. He stood up and walked over. "Hey," he said coolly. He eyed my wet clothes. "What happened?" he asked. "Umm...Wishiwashi." I said. He nodded. "You look cold. You can borrow my hoodie if you want." He pulled it off and tossed it to me. "T-thanks?" He nodded, and I pulled it on. I grinned and turned away. "Stay here, I'll be back!" I called over my shoulder.

--Time skip through all those wild Pokemon battles--

I arrived in Heahea City and ran into the apparel shop. I looked around, and some jeans caught my eye. They were ripped in some places for design. I grabbed them, and took a blue shirt, and a dark gray hoodie with cat ears. I went into the changing room and changed out of my wet clothes, though they were drying. I put the new outfit on, and I grinned. I looked great. I stepped out after admiring myself for a bit (XD) and bought some blue sneakers. I would need them I were to be running around all over. I then got a blue flower accessory for my hair, and bought the whole outfit. I ran out, my wet clothes in a plastic bag, and Gladion's hoodie slung across my shoulders.

--Time skip again--

I stepped into the Pokemon Center where Gladion was waiting, doing whatever he was doing on his phone. "Here...is...your...hoodie..." I panted. He stared. "You look...great..." he murmured. "Almost as good as me," I laughed at him. "Sure, whatever." He looked at me, then turned away. "You can come to my motel room, to dry your other clothes." I stared, then nodded. "Sure." He rose. "Follow me."

(A/n): Yay! Gladion is here! Also underneath this is art of Skyler's new outfit by yours truly. Enjoy! - Lavender :3

 Enjoy! - Lavender :3