Chapter Twenty Two

Skyler's POV

I had my hood flipped on while I listened to the Nightcore Eevee Song. I smiled. I wish I had an Eevee...what would I evolve mine into? I began to sing a bit of it.

Well, there are still some options left, Eevee you are truly blessed

We can take a trip to Sinnoh, and train you there

Bring you to one of them rocks and I swear

You'll turn into a whole new type, oh yeah

You can choose between grass or ice, doesn't that sound nice

How about we turn you to a Glaceon, ain't that fun

Special attack, blasting ice beams like a gun, taking them down

Or how about Leafeon?

Physical defense on our side, I can't make up my mind

Eevee help me, what do you wanna be?

I stopped there. I knew what I wanted. A Leafeon. I know the Moss Stone is in Lush Jungle...Now I just need an Eevee, and apparently you can find them along Route 6. There were never Leafeon in Kanto, except for the occasional traveler on their Pokemon journey who might have one. I smiled. My father had shown me a Leafeon once when he took a break from his traveling. I was little then, and I remember how beautiful the Pokemon was. I realized Route 8 was the route I would use to get to Lush Jungle. "The motel Gladion stays at is there," I say to myself. "I can go say hi on the way to my trial!"

I had gone past the captain's barricade with my Firium Z, and was now trotting along Route 8 at a steady pace. I smiled as the motel came into sight. I knocked on the door as I stood in front of it. No response. I turned the handle... It was unlocked. I opened the door, and found Gladion sitting at the table, whispering on the phone to someone. No lights were on, and it seemed suspicious. I caught some words. "I can't! She...no... Fine..." Then I lost my footing. Gladion turned sharply, eyes glinting with alarm in the half-light. I froze, and I saw him tense up as well. "Get out." he said, stuffing his phone into his pocket. I backed away. "Get out!" he said. I was almost at the door, when I realized it had swung itself closed. Gladion was advancing toward me. I pressed against the door, and my hand fumbled around behind me for the doorknob. "Why did you have to come here and complicate my life!?" he asked roughly. I thought I saw a tear forming in his eye, but he blinked it away. "Everything that's happened to me wouldn't have happened if it weren't for you!" I didn't understand what he had meant, but tears began to stream down my face. "I-I don't know what you mean!" He showed me his phone. I saw some texts, between him and some Guzma guy...Apparently he wanted me...they thought I was strong and needed to get them on their side. I shook my head, shaking. "But on whose side?" I whimpered. He growled. I looked farther down, and saw the words Team Skull. I was shocked. I finally found the doorknob, and opened the door. Gladion was glaring coldly. He turned away, and I left the place sobbing bitterly.

I pulled up Charizard on my Ride Pager and it flew me to Heahea City. I tried to run to the Tide Song Hotel but couldn't, and had to slow down. People on the street were approaching and giving me concerned looks. People were so kind in Alola. Everyone except for Gladion, I thought scornfully. By this time my sadness had turned to anger. I gently turned everyone away, and told them I was just going to my hotel. They nodded, but kept watching me in concern. I knew they only wanted to help. But at the moment I was relishing this feeling of anger and bitterness.