Chapter Twenty Six

Gladion's POV

I simply stared as Skyler's small cat Pokemon released all that psychic power. Null fell to the ground, unable to withstand it. Skyler had fallen to the ground as well, panting. Nyx was just zoning out, so I ran over to her. "You okay?" I asked, slightly concerned. She pushed herself up and nodded. "Yeah, I'm good." Then she grinned. "That was awesome, though! And Null was totally destroyed! In your face!" I shook my head at her enthusiasm. I walked over to Null, who was sitting up slowly, shaking its head. "You did good, buddy!" I told it, rubbing it's back. It cooed at me, and I returned it to its Pokeball.

Skyler and I had just hung out for the most part, letting our Pokemon play. Skyler looked up. "Woah, it's really dark now!" The moon was shining brightly, but the night was still quite unilluminated. "Sorry, I have to go..." Skyler said. I nodded as she got up, but I couldn't help feeling sad as she walked off into the darkness. I turned and began walking the opposite way, towards a Pokemon Center. I wanted a snack.

                                                  Skyler's POV

I ran, raising my Ride Pager into the air. A Charizard zoomed down before me. I hopped on quickly and asked it to take me to my hotel. After a short bit of flying, we were there. I smiled and gave the Charizard a Poke Bean before it flew away. I walked slowly into my room, shut the door, and sighed. I fell onto my bed, tired. I wanted to sleep so badly...

When I woke up, sunlight was pouring in through my window. I yawned. "Why can't I go back to sleep?" I mumbled to no one in particular. I rose, a shadow falling over my face as I left the light of the window. I turned to look at myself in the mirror, imagining Gladion standing next to me. "That's what we are...shadowed hearts."