Chapter Twenty Eight

Skyler's POV

I grimaced at the memory of the Parasect. Those things were creepy. I found the last two ingredients and finally got back to Mallow. I sighed and gave her the ingredients. "Let me see what you've got for me... One Mago Berry, check! One Tiny Mushroom, check! One Revival Herb, check! One Miracle Seed, check! Perfect! Just what the recipe calls for. Now we can make the Mallow Special!" Mallow said with a smile. I realized that the other two trial captains, Kiawe and Lana, were now here.

Kiawe and Lana gave Mallow some things as well, and then she turned to me. "The aroma of this tasty dish will draw that Totem Pokémon right to us! Ready to start cooking?" I nodded, and she continued. "OK! Lana! Flip that Rocky Helmet over, and let's pour that Fresh Water into it!" Lana obeyed, and then Mallow spoke again. "Then in go the Mago Berry, the Tiny Mushroom, the Revival Herb, and the Miracle Seed... Kiawe, let us use the Thick Club and that Rare Bone for a minute!" She handed the Thick Club and Rare Bone to me. "Pound it all to a pulp!" I grinned and followed the instruction.

Soon, a delicious but spicy scent was wafting everywhere, and I sighed. I saw everyone staring at something behind me, then the area around me fell into shadow. I turned around to see a Totem Lurantis towering over me. It's aura flared up, giving it an orange glow. I called Nyx out and prepared to battle.

--Time skip brought to you by my inability to write battle scenes well--

"Wow, Skyler, you're strong, huh! You were really able to draw out the flavor of your Pokémon in that battle! The Totem Pokémon bowed right down to you!" I grinned as Mallow praised me. "All right, you've cleared all three of Akala's trials! You even managed to get through my trial, and I'd say it's a real doozy! Here! A gift for such an inspiring young Trainer!" She handed me a Grass-type Z-Crystal. "Let me show you how to use Grass-type Z-Moves! You go like "Graaassss," 'K?" I laughed and copied her.

She then reached into her pocket and handed me some Pokeballs. "Since you've cleared my trial, Skyler, I want you to help me train some Pokémon from here in Lush Jungle. Here, have some Nest Balls!" I placed them in my bag and waved goodbye to Mallow. "I would stay to eat, but I have to get going." Mallow nodded, looking slightly disappointed, but I could hear her trying to get Kiawe and Lana to eat some as I left Lush Jungle.

I needed some time to ready myself for the grand trial, and I also wanted to just have some fun with my friends. Maybe we could all go get some malasada. I hadn't seen Hau in a while, so that would be nice. I paged Charizard to get back to the Tide Song Hotel, planning to call Lillie about setting something up with all of us together. I know I should be focusing on my Island Challenge, but who doesn't want to have fun every once in a while?

A/N: I know! I'm finally back with this story! I've been having a lot of technical difficulty and real-life problems, so I had to put this story on a long break. I also want to shoutout @thisaccountisdead58 for that great review on the last chapter and leaving many other helpful comments!