Chapter Seventeen

Gladion's POV

I didn't understand what had just happened. But, what I did know is that Hau spent a LOT of money fixing that fourth wall. And who is author Lavender? Whatever. I don't care.

Lillie had called for a wheelchair so we could take Skyler out. "Okay, Gladion, you are pushing!" my sister announced. I sighed, feeling annoyed. Lillie helped Skyler into it, and I saw that her hood had fallen. Her hair was this beautiful brow- Hold it! Not going there. Why do I think about her like that!? There is just something...special about her. I mentally shook myself. I began to push her down to the elevator. (OMG, elevators freak me out so much! I'm claustrophobic ;-; )

We exited the building, and I turned to Lillie. "So, where are we going?" She thought about it. "To the Tide Song Hotel! It's not far, and we can all hang out in Skyler's room!" Skyler nodded, and twisted around to look at me. "Go fast! As fast as you can!" I smiled to myself. "Cute..." I murmured, so only she could hear. "What was that?" she said blushing. "Nothing. I'm going!" I heard snickers behind me, but I just kept running.

"Wait up!" Hau yelled. We were almost there. I stopped, panting, at the entrance to the hotel. I strolled in, and Hau caught up. "What's the room number?" I asked Skyler. "104." she replied. "Okay, Hau, Lillie, hurry up!"

We halted at Skyler's door, and I looked down at her. "Room card?" I asked simply. "My bag." she answered, copying my simplicity. I dug around in her bag and found the room card, sliding it into the sensor. The light turned green and we entered.

I sat in a chair at a desk next to the window, and Hau sat on the bed. But Lillie, that Lillie. She was digging through Skyler's closet. "Hey, Skyler! There are a bunch of clothes in here! I thought you only had two outfits here! And why are they all like hoodies and stuff? It looks like Gladion's closet in here!" I turned away, slightly embarrassed. Skyler was a bit red. "Let me see," she said. I rose to push her over there, but she shook her head. "No. People get around in these things...I'll figure it out." I shrugged.

After a couple of unsuccessful attempts, Skyler was finally wheeling herself over to Lillie. She was looking at something on the ground. A little slip of paper. "Lillie, could you get that please?" My sister nodded and grabbed it. "It's a note," she told Skyler. "I'll read it."

Dear Skyler,

I was checking your room yesterday, and I realized you hadn't taken any of your clothes to the new island. But I met your friend Lillie when I came over to check on you, and she told me you were here. So I brought you these!

Sincerely,

Mom

Lillie smiled. "Yes, I forgot about that! Now back to the hoodie situation...Who knew you were this edgy? I mean look at this!" She pulled out a pure black hoodie with red Umbreon eyes on the front. Skyler laughed. I turned and gazed at the hoodie. "I knew she was that edgy," I said. Lillie looked at me with a questioning gaze. "How did you know?" Hau smiled. "Yes, HAU did you know?" He laughed. I sighed. "I've caught her singing twice. Both songs full of edge." I turned to glance at Skyler. She was red in the face. "What's wrong? Your darkness just got revealed to the world, nothing serious!" I teased. Skyler shook her head and looked away. Then she wheeled over to me and placed her hands on my shoulders. She began to shake me. "Who are you, and what did you do to Gladion!?" I shook my head. She backed off, grinning. Lillie and Hau grinned. "What has happened to you, brother? Maybe you're out of your edgy phase!" I growled. "It's not a phase!" Hau laughed. "Nevermind then. Still the same Gladion."

I shook my head again. Lillie beckoned Hau over with a wave of her hand. She whispered something in his ear and they both laughed, glancing toward me, then Skyler. I knew it was probably something dumb, so I stayed out of it. Skyler was digging in her bag. She pulled out pokeballs and threw them all into the air. All her Pokemon popped out. Nyx, Blaze, a Meowth, and a Pikipek. "I only have four because I wanted some Pokemon from here," she said. "I suppose I can't get them now." She yawned. "Kinda tired anyway..." Since Hau had gotten of the bed, she wheeled herself over there and dragged herself onto the bed. I saw her wince slightly, as she moved her leg onto the bed, but she could handle it. She laid down, and grabbed her phone. She was looking at something. I didn't really care. I spun the chair around and stared out the window. I gazed down at the fountain outside. Skyler...I'll figure out what she means to me someday...

(A/n): I know the picture has nothing to do with the chapter, but...I made it...and I wanted to show it so ^^ Enjoy! -Lavender :3