Chapter Twenty One

Skyler's POV

I forced myself not to look back at Gladion. I didn't know what had come over me just now, but it happened. I limped steadily along Route 7, smiling as I entered the volcano park. I began trotting through the grass, and a lizard-like Pokemon attacked. Rotom zoomed out of my bag. "Zrrt! You've found a Salandit! And a female at that! They're pretty rare!" I grinned. "Guess I should catch it then!" I threw out my Pikipek. "Use Pluck!" Pikipek attacked, and I watched as the Salandit attacked. "Dragon Rage," I said to myself, as the lizard dealt exactly forty damage to my Pikipek. "Use Rock Smash!" Pikipek attacked. The Salandit looked too weak to attack, so I threw a Great Ball at it.

One..

Two..

Three...

Click!

"Yeah!" I cheered, and threw out my lizard Pokemon. It hissed playfully at Blaze, and began to shoot small Embers at him. Blaze bounded away, and I slowly sat down on a rock, letting the two Fire-types play for a bit.

"Guys, it's time we get a move on!" Both Pokemon immediately ran over, and I called all my Pokemon away. I sprayed on a Repel. We didn't need any more wild Pokemon jumping out. I needed my team as strong as possible when we face this trial. I had given Pikipek two normal Potions, and he was back up to full HP. I turned and began up the volcano.

I was almost there, and I could see a person standing at the top. I hurried up, and he nodded to me. "I am Kiawe. My Marowak and I are students of the ancient dances that have been passed down in Alola for generations. The trial of Kiawe... You will find that it is a bit different than the trials you have faced to this point, but of course, you will attempt it, right?" I grinned. "No duh! That's what I climbed up here for!" His eyes drifted to my leg. He must have seen my limp. "You definitely are determined." he said smiling. (Fun fact here, when I was little I used to pronounce determined as de-ter-mined instead of de-ter-mend XD) "My trial will test your powers of observation! There will be a dance...and then another. Your task will be to find the difference between the two. Begin!" I watched closely as the three Marowak began to dance.

--Time skip 'til Totem 'cause I'm lazy--

I was watching the third dance, when at the end a giant lizard jumped in front of me. It reminded me of Salandit. "It must be a Salazzle..." I muttered. "Is that the Totem?" I asked Kiawe. He nodded. "Correct!" The Totem looked at me for a second, then sprang into battle. I sent Nyx out quickly. "Use Psychic!" It was super effective, and the Totem Salazzle staggered back. It let out a cry, and a Salandit came to the rescue. "Use another Psychic on Salazzle!" But before Nyx could attack, Salazzle quickly poisoned my Meowstic. I saw him wince, but he continued on with the attack. Salazzle's health was extremely low, and I commanded Nyx to use Zen Headbutt. The Totem fainted, and one Psychic defeated the small Salandit. Kiawe turned to me. "You made it seem so easy!" He smiled. "The Totem was holding this Firium Z. Now it belongs to you." He held out a sparkling red crystal. I gazed down at it, then took it from his hand. "Thank you!" Kiawe shook his head. "No, thank you! You showed me the way you and your Pokemon work together." I nodded. I crouched down to Nyx and sprayed him with an Antidote. "You did good!" I said, ruffling his fur a bit.