Chapter Fifteen

(8/24/17)

_-:-_

I sighed and shrugged. "Alright, fine. But I will not hold back the 'I told you so's' if you crash on the way home."

"Noted," he said, smiling as he stood up and grabbed a key from beside the door.

I rolled my eyes and stood up to grab my stuff. "Where do you keep your car?" I  asked.

"Behind the shop, there's a garage."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, this was originally a house."

I followed him down the stairs. He went right down the hall instead of left to go out into the shop. I looked with interest at the supplies piled along the walls; it was well organized.

He led me through another door and out into the garage.

As he turned on the light I stared at the car. "That is not a minivan."

Link chuckled. "No, it is not."

The chestnut-colored car was gorgeous. "Is this what we're driving to your grandparents?"

"Yes," he said, then smirked. "Like it?"

"It's beautiful."

Link opened the door for me and I grinned.

~*~

Hey Bosa, just got home.

Woah, why were you out so late? Were you with Link?

Yep, he invited me up for video games and then surprised me by making me dinner.

Hold on, hold on. You actually went up into his apartment?

Yeah...

Okay, video call. Now.

I yawned and pulled my laptop out of the bag. I plugged it in to charge and then started up the video chat.

"Hey, can you hear me?"

"Yeah," Urbosa replied, then squinted. "Dang Zelda, you look tired."

"It's after midnight, how am I supposed to look," I said, yawning again.

Urbosa chuckled. "Alright, I'm listening, start at the beginning."

I shrugged. "I had said before that I liked video games. So yesterday he invited me up to play. I expected to only be there an hour or two."

"And how long were you actually there?"

I frowned and started to count on my fingers. "... Like... five hours?"

"I'm proud of you."

"... Anyway, so we played Smash and-"

"You destroyed him," Urbosa finished.

"... Actually, no." I raised a hand to the back of my head. "He beat me pretty badly, I haven't played for like a year."

Urbosa's eyes widened. "But even rusty you're good at that game."

"I eventually got back into the drift of it. Just took quite a few embarrassing defeats before I managed to beat him. I think he was actually trying his best to win."

"Doesn't everyone?"

"Well, it wasn't exactly the competitive, 'I have to beat you or I'll lose my honor' kind of thing... It was more," I trailed off. "More like he didn't want me to leave."