Good 'ol Deleted Scenes

"I'm not good with people. I've never really had the chance to be. I'm the daughter of a politician. I can get along with anyone, sure... But I don't want to lie to people," she said, then her eyes widened. "Oh... I didn't mean... I..." she fell silent, looking at the frozen ground.

Link stopped walking.

---

"I could kiss you right now," he said, leaning his head against his hand.

She flicked her eyes up to him. "... I wouldn't stop you."

His hand dropped and he stared at her.

Zelda knew what she had just said; It's not for an act, I just want to kiss you. And at that moment she didn't care.

---

Arms around her waist and shoulder yanked her close. Then, with surprisingly gentle force, his mouth caught hers.

There was no question, no permission. The first time he had kissed her without need.

But there was need. A desperate, breathless need.

Ah crap, ah crap, ah crap. Her thoughts were level, but the rest of her brain was in chaos.

He brought her closer, and she grabbed the collar of his shirt like a lifeline.

--

"Hey, what's that above your head?" Impa asked in an innocent tone.

Zelda looked up and her heart just about ceased to function. Her breath caught in the back of her throat. That... was mistletoe.

They hesitated, and Impa noticed. "Have you not kissed yet?"

Zelda's eyes widened, and she glanced quickly at Link. She can't just ask that!... right?

"Grandma!" came a voice from the door.

Link pulled her away the moment Impa looked towards the door, and she was eternally grateful for the interruption that allowed their escape.

"You've got to be kidding me..." she said as soon as the door closed behind them.

"She's only... curious?" Link replied, but he didn't seem all that confident in his answer.

Ha, right. Grandma wants to see you kiss. Good for you grandma, but I don't really want to do something so personal in front of people!

"Did you think she'd ask this?" Zelda said.

"No..."

"Did you?" she repeated.

"I hoped that she would understand we'd only been dating a month, and you'd be nervous around all these people."

"Well... that would be correct."

"A lot of couples don't kiss right away. Or until they're..." he trailed off. Best not to think that far ahead...

"Meaning you thought she'd accept if we didn't," she replied.

"...fifty-fifty."

"Huh..."

"So you don't-" Link began.

"Have to?" she finished for him, biting her lip. "I know I don't..." Zelda looked down at her hand, one of which was still in Link's.

She wrapped her arms around herself and thought about doing something so.... purposefully public.

"Six months."