Surprise

"My apologies, my lady." Azzel apologizes for once again scaring her. Without giving her a chance to react, a small pair of hands grab onto hers, the blazing face of a doll looks into Camille's eyes. Her radiant grey eyes are full of excitement. The creature glances at Azzel for reassurance. He nods, and she turns back to Camille.

"I am Luna!" She introduces herself with an overwhelming friendliness and tenderness that takes Camille by surprise. She's met Kaiden, Silvanus, and even Axl, but Luna is the first to touch them. She grins with delight as she senses her confusion from her alleviating touch. "Please, do not fear us. I was eager to meet you," Luna reassures with enthusiasm, still holding to Camille's trembling hand.

A feeling of relief and confidence spreads over her body as Luna uses her purifying aura to calm her startled heart. Feeling genuinely welcomed by the glowing creature's full grim, Camille smiles back, trying her best to match Luna's enthusiasm, but evidently, she can't. She will never be able to reach someone as glorious as Luna, the Goddess of the Moon.

A creature of pure heart and soul that feeds off the happiness her moonlight inflicts on every world. Serene and elegant, just like the giant orb that adorns the dark skies. Luna is a vivid light in the form of an enchanting young girl. Her pillowy cheeks complement her innocent face, which makes her look youthful. Camille is taken aback by the silver color of her curls as they gathered in a high ponytail. A crown of entwined diamonds and silver sparkles sit on her head. Short and pale, so pale she almost has a ghostly appearance but not quite precisely—a pair of very hypnotic eyes, shining in gray like two living stars. Her crystal decorations spread over a sheer mesh, perfectly matching her pale skin. A golden moon in the middle of her forehead. A half-moon symbolizing her power. "I'm sorry, I'm just surprised." Camille finally finds her voice, which makes Luna smile widely.

"You are so pretty!" The goddess complements the dazed girl trying to grasp what she really is. Speechless, Camille can't understand how the most elegant and beautiful creature she has ever seen can call her pretty.

"Thanks..." She's not even close to being as beautiful and majestic as Luna.

"Stop it, Luna. You are scaring her." A raspy voice warns behind the energetic goddess. Camille raises her eyes to find the rest of the visitors looking right at her. She gulps nervously as her sights set on the tall male figure standing a few feet back in the corridor, immediately taking a step back at the moment she notices his hair. It looks like a skunk tail with spiky flairs of fire, real fire. The man takes a step back as he realizes Camille's worry.

"I think you are the scary one," Luna mocks him.

"My apologies..." the man retracts cautiously.

"Enough, you two." A more imposing tone forces Camille to flinch in shock.

"I am Ceres. Golden Goddess of Nature..." Camille freezes at the formidable figure standing before her, her threatening feline eyes gaze right into her soul. A woman of stunning presence that warns Camille to stay away. Long and detailed tresses cascade down her shoulder, decorated with beautiful and tiny flowers that release a pure scent of fresh herbs and nectar.

"Goddess of Nature..." Camille repeats under her breath. She's threatening just like Axl, but there's something slightly darker in her eyes. Camille remembers the first day she came into this world. Azzel mentioned explained how this world is split between Water, Fire, Nature, and Air. Camille is fascinated with Ceres's outstanding beauty. She's the perfect embodiment of nature, a beautiful woman with evenly tanned skin that's partly covered by a mix of tribal tattoos and decorative scars. Her tiger-like eyes shine with a bright celadon color that holds a deepness and strength like no other. A Goddess, indeed.

"I am Luna. Goddess of the Moon!" Luna interrupts, ignoring the fact that Camille is frozen by the mysterious energy surrounding Ceres. "What do you think of my moon?" Luna adds, her bright eyes waiting impatiently for an answer.

"It's beautiful," Camille recalls the fascinating sight of such a blight moon.

"Great! It was a welcome gift for you!" Luna admits with delight to Camille's comment. Hardly believing that such a small creature can brighten the moon, almost like the sun, more delicate. Still struggling to sound composed when she's in the presence of other gods, Camille glances at the man standing away from them.

"I am Yama, the Golden God of Fire." Yama finally gets a chance to introduce himself with his rusty and scary voice. Camille smiles timidly at him. The heat surrounding him forces her to take a step back.

"Yama does not want to harm you, so he will keep his distance," Ceres explains with a tone of superiority.

"His temperature can turn you into ashes instantly!" Luna smiles happily, but Camille's eyes widen at the frightening explanation. She glances at the tall man standing behind the two goddesses.

Yama hides his eyes behind a pair of metal goggles that protect everyone from his deadly eyes. He has the same majestic appearance as Axl. But unlike him, Yama displays his broad shoulder and defined arms. A leather-like vest covering the rest of his chest tightly fits his torso, marking his chest and abdomen to an impressive perfection. Burnt scars decorate his neck, Golden chains hang from his waist down in the form of a belt. Yama looks like a hardcore rock star, which gives him a normal appearance.

"What is wrong, child?" Ceres asks with a hint of demand. It is hard for her to digest the idea of being so close to gods. It seems delusional to even say it out loud, even though she's been told she's not dead, this world, these "people" can only exist in her dreams. Luna notices the conflict taking over Camille's heart. She's bewildered by someone so bright and friendly like Luna, someone scary and emotionless like Ceres, or someone dangerous like Yama. "There are many more like us. You need to get used to it soon." Ceres says with a slight hint of demand. Although Camille stands her ground, she can feel her heart accelerating as the goddess' eyes peer hers with something more than simple judgment.

"Ceres is right. Wait until you see Paloma and Amarelo..." Luna says with an overly excited tone that Camille can't keep up with. Ceres closes her eyes for a moment. She breathes in through her nose to ignore Luna's insolence.

"We have come to escort you as per Axl request," Yama notifies her, still trying his best not to alarm her with his steamy energy; he smiles nervously.

"Thank you," Camille makes sure to express her gratitude for his sympathy.

"We know how hard this is for you, so we will keep you company." Luna leans her head on Camille's shoulder. Camille can't help but accept Luna's personality, which makes her smile, "You may look calm on the outside, but on the inside, I can tell you want to run away to him," Luna murmurs quietly but loud enough for Camille to hear. She says nothing. She can't deny the fact that staying here would mean she'll have to see Axl more. Her heart stings with guilt at the thought of forgetting Adam because of the god.

"My apologies, your majesties, but lady Camille is human, and she needs to have proper meals." Azzel reminds the gods. They all seem a little shocked by the reminder since they're already used to the familiar aura.

"Right," Ceres says with a hint of arrogance that concerns Yama; he watches her walk away. Ceres seems is harder in judgment towards anyone close to the God of Water. And the fact that Camille is falling right in place with almost everyone seems to bother her. Luna notices her discomfort but decides to support Camille, pulling her out of the quiet hallway, the goddess of the moon blinds her with a hopeful smile.

"Ceres is grumpy only because she cares about Axl," Luna explains to Camille as they follow her. "But, I do not think Axl cares about her in the same way." She trails with a hint of sympathy for her friend.

Camille follows the trail left behind by the stunning Goddess of Nature. Just like Axl, Ceres has the imposing presence of someone unreachable. A thought that brings memories of their encounter, Camille fixes her loose hair behind her ear as the blood rushes to her ears.

"You did good," Luna whispers, only for Camille to hear. Camille looks at her in confusion, but Luna smiles again. "Do not worry. I am here to help you." She reassures her as she takes her hand to guide her through the garden.