Condemned

Deep in thoughts, Camille has decided to take a moment to gather her emotion, memories and bury them somewhere safe. While she keeps walking around the hallways of the immense palace. The cool breeze of the night picks up the pace, awakening the scent of roses. Camille looks up to the starry night. The more she finds out about Axl and the difficult position he stands in with his parents, Camille can't forget the great goddesses' words, words that drag her to the darkness she doesn't want to go back to. A fearless woman with stone-cold eyes that pierce the soul of anyone unreachable, just like everyone in this world. She takes a deep breath to erase the memory of their encounter. Standing in front of the pond where the flamingos rest at night, Camille's eyes brighten as thousands of fireflies wake up with her presence, tiny bulbs of light scatter over the field in front of her, and the frogs croak to life in the background. Camille stretches her arms up and smiles with a touch of sadness in her eyes. She has reached a decision.

"I'm sorry." She whispers in the air, hoping that whatever the outcome of her choice, it'll bring happiness to Adam and her family. "I hope you can find someone worthy of your love." She can't contain the pain spreading inside her chest at the thought of hurting Adam.

Camille's tender emotions bring a magical comfort to her side. A beautiful winged mermaid floats towards her—a tiny creature with scales of silver and gold. Camille becomes mesmerized by its captivating glow around its little body. It stops just inches away from her reach, but its big eyes look at her with curiosity. Big dark blue circles as eyes seem to be too big for its face, a pair of long string spiral around its body, a crown of tiny pearls, big pointy ears, like antennas.

"Beautiful, is it not?" Silvanus' voice startles Camille, making her jump and the glowing mermaid with her. Mimicking Camille's movements, they both turn to face Silvanus.

"Beautiful." Camille agrees. Reaching her hand out to touch one of the most mysterious beings in the Sacred Water Region, Camille becomes captive of the tiny angel as it traces her hand without touching it.

"Wait!" Silvanus warns but stops as she makes contact with its tiny hand. Amazed by what his eye is witnessing, Silvanus observes the mermaid. "You are as curious and reckless as her." He tells her as it caresses Camille's hand with the most delicate and loving touch. Its tiny mouth curves into a smile as it looks up into her violet eyes.

"What is it?" Camille asks, fascinated by the lovely creature playing with her hands, wrapping its golden strings around her fingers, analyzing her nails and palm lines. She smiles innocently at the curious creature.

"This is rare," Silvanus notes, analyzing the motions of the enchanting but deadly angel. The passive but assertive creature can electrocute anyone beyond recognition if they sense maliciousness.

"What is?" She asks, not paying any attention to him. Silvanus keeps quiet for a moment, trying to understand that without evil thoughts, the Gods' World has accepted her already. Camille finally lifts her violet eyes to look at the unique features of Silvanus' face.

"This kind of angel lives in this world because they cannot be touched. They are made of pure energy, and it will kill you instantly if you have any bad intentions within you." Silvanus explains, looking at the connection between the glowing creature and Camille. She looks at the adorable as it sits on the palm of her hand to listen to their conversation. Watching her eyes widen with surprise, the mermaid turns to Silvanus with a smug look on its face as Camille's heart jumps in fear.

"Maybe you are not human anymore..." Silvanus comments almost to himself. Camille's eyes widen in shock as the angel mimics her reaction. Although Kaiden has reassured that she's not dead before, questions light up in her eyes as Silvanus analyses her aura. It doesn't matter how long and skilled he is to examine a soul; Silvanus can't find her relation to anything in the Gods' World.

"You have chosen to stay here, have you not?" Silvanus reminds her of her recent choice to say goodbye to Primavera Town. Her heart throbs with guilt as the angel holds her thumb. Silvanus observes with delight as the creature channels Camille's energy to mimic her expressions. "Fascinating." He murmurs, genuinely surprised to see the angel's behavior up close. Noting the confusion in her heart, Silvanus takes a moment to gather all the information she has collected from everyone. "I see everyone has failed to tell you the depths of his majesty's connection with Onyx," Silvanus adds, making her heart react immediately.

Like everyone in his kingdom, Silvanus knows that the God of Water has been tortured with hopeless attempts to find out Onyx's outcome countless times. After her master took her in custody, Axl spent many years looking for a way to save her. The tiny mermaid notices the tension building up in the girl's heart.

"The unfortunate thing is, Onyx did not do anything wrong, so we are not even sure if she ever died. Perhaps she is still locked somewhere in the depths of Lady Eirene's domains. Alive." Silvanus says, hoping that Camille can understand and foresee the chances she might have. Camille freezes for a split second. Ever since she found out about Onyx, she's been assuming the worst. But if she's alive, that would give Axl a chance to see her again.

"To be honest, I believe she is alive." Silvanus interrupts her thoughts.

"What makes you think that?" questions with an ominous tone that catches Silvanus's attention. Knowing that not even Axl, her own son, has been spared from evilness. In a way, Camille understands the desperation of losing someone important. Someone she wants to see and kiss. But her heart breaks to realized that it's not Adam's face that comes to her mind when these emotions attack her soul.

"When an angel is forgiven by the Great God of Life and Destiny, they have the opportunity to reincarnate in another world. If her life was taken..." Silvanus clarifies, trying to make sense of the situation Camille is in, although to him, she's not an angel in reincarnation. But there's definitely a mystery around her, a mystery that's causing turmoil in Lady Einere's plans.

"So, you think..." she stops before she can even say it. Silvanus shakes his head.

"This is the Great Goddess of Evil and Death we are talking about. We cannot say for certain what really happened to Onyx. Since the one who rebelled against his creators was his majesty, but to take someone you love can break even the strongest of the gods." Silvanus explains with a nonchalant tone. Recalling their encounter, their instant connection. The way he kissed her at that time. She turns to him with eyes full of shock.

"So, all the girls she offers," she murmurs in disbelief.

"Well, if Onyx indeed died, I would imagine his majesty is always hopeful that his father would forgive her and send her back to him," Silvanus observes her shoulder tremble with the new information. To think that Axl has spent centuries waiting for someone that can give him hope to recuperate his heart, but in the end, she might not even be dead.

"How cruel..." she murmurs with a hint of grief. Camille takes deep breaths to control her emotions. The mermaid sits on her shoulder, listening to Silvanus's story while trying to comfort her new friend. "What a sad life..." she whispers, wiping the tear making its way out.

"Indeed, but what is more intriguing is that you are not an offering from the great goddess, which would mean that the one who chose you was the Great God of Life and Destiny." Silvanus delivers a painful jab in her already torn heart.

"Is he hoping for me to be that reincarnation?" her disappointment is evident in her tone. In a way, it explains his determination to keep her here, to save her. Silvanus turns to the glowing mermaid, reaching for its shiny tail, but it pulls it away before he does. She glares at him because her big eyes can see his motives to stir Camille's heart.

"I am not sure of the answer, but if you accept my humble advice, my lady. Return to your world. If you stay here, his majesty will be at a disadvantage against the great gods. You have seen his majesty's desire to keep you here. If you are Onyx's reincarnation, he will not tolerate losing you once again." The mysterious man encourages with a serious tone. Camille hesitates for a moment. Looking at his dark eye, she tries to get him to say more, but he doesn't. Camille manages to take a step back, forcing herself to walk steadily as Silvanus watches her disappear into the gardens.

"This is your chance. Make it worth it," Silvanus repeats as an omnibus shadow appears behind him. A hand reaches out to the little angel, making it disintegrate in a blink of an eye.

"I will be very grateful for this opportunity, Silvanus." The Great Goddess of Evil and Death whispers in his ear.