Heart Break

Though she's scared of her own darkness, Camille is more afraid to keep on dragging Adam down to her misery. Dragging him to the point where he'll be crushed beyond help. Now she can do it, there's still time for him. He's young and can heal his heart quickly. The only thing she can do to save him is to let go. He, her first love, the one she thought, she couldn't live without. Tears sophisticate her eyes but they won't stop.

"What are you saying?" Adam tastes the bitterness of every word Camille has said.

Confused by her action, her forces the tears back. A lump blocks his windpipe, making it painful for him to breath. Every breath feels like a sharp knife sliding down his throat, right to his heart. An agonizing pain expands in his chest all over to his lungs, making his knees weak and his eyes blur.

"I don't understand..." his voice hardens up as he realizes the pain someone he loves is causing him.

"You're joking right?" the frown on his forehead becomes a clear sign of discomfort.

Camille takes an automatic step back, giving him time to absorb the news. Instead, Adam is caught up trying to comprehend what has gone wrong for Camille to make this decision. Wondering if it's his fault if he could have done better in any way.

"No, Adam. This is not about you..." Camille whispers although to see him so fragile and breakable hurts her more than she ever imagined. Adam stops thinking coherently for a second and decides to face her.

"It's not me, it's you? Really? Are you kidding me!" dominated by the pain and madness wrapping his heart.

Camille freezes by the abrupt grip on her arms, she sees the berserk emotions taking over him. She's been there many times with her Steve. Looking at her pale reflection in his angry eyes, to see her beloved Adam turn into a barbarian like Steve hurts her soul.

"Yes, Adam. It's me, it's always been me." she reminds him in a breakable voice that snaps him to reality. Letting go of her trembling arms, he takes a step back.

"Camille..." the surprise to see his fingers marked up on her arms. Camille smiles sourly, rubbing her skin. She picks up his jacket from the ground and hands it to him.

"We're not the same, I am not the sa..." she tries but the pain of pushing Adam to look so miserable beats her to the ground.

"Stop it already!" Adam cuts her off.

"It's the truth, Adam!" Camille cries her heartache to see how much agony she's causing the boy she used to love so much.

"You know it's the truth." she cries begging him to accept the reality.

"How can you say that? How can you give up so easily?" he argues in a low crushing voice.

Camille can see the doubt in his eyes, Adam doesn't believe there's a future for them, but she's everything he loves. Someone he wanted to protect forever, be strong for. Be someone good for, show her that not everything is darkness and pain. Show her that he's trying his best to keep a smile on her face.

"You're confused..." he repeats defeatedly, which stabs Camille in her core, she sighs sorely.

"Adam..." her voice quivers as Adam realizes that she's crying because of him.

"You don't deserve this..." Camille admits, hardly seeing his face behind her tears.

"Yes, it's about me, about me not letting the people I care about be happy!" she cries full of guilt and regret, for forcing Paige to feel like she's doing something wrong. For not being able to make him happy, to make her friend's sacrifice worth it.