Chapter 5: Sad Story

We flew for hours, hours until it started to turn into nighttime.

"I am so hungry." I said laying down and rubbing my eyes.

"I packed food." Sokka said.

Everyone sat straight up.

"You did!" I said exited.

"Lots and lots of jerky." Sokka said as he opened his bag.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" I yelled.

"Did you forget that 50% of this group are vegetarians!" I said.

"You aren't half the group Bella." Katara said.

"Aang is a vegetarian," I said.

"She's right." Aang said laying back down again.

I looked out over the side of Appa and my eyes bulged out of my head. Green. So. Much. Green.

"GRASS! GRASS!" I said.

Sokka and katara ran to the edge too.

"Land Aang." I said

"Okay." He said.

When we were close enough to the ground and I could jump without breaking an ankle, I did. It was so much warmer, though still a little cold, we didn't get that far away. The air smelled so planty, even though that sounds weird but it did. The south pole smelled like sea water, that awful salty smell. But this, it smelled warm. Once everyone was down they started unpacking and I helped, a bit. 

We were right next to a river, and a little small mountain. We were sitting around the pile of sticks that Sokka called firewood, there was a little fire in it. 

It was still pretty light outside, Katara and Sokka were eating jerky.

I looked around just for anything to eat, even some kind of spice, I didn't care. But then my eyes caught something red. Apples.

I stood up.

"Where are you going?" Aang asked me.

"Apples." I said my mouth almost watering.

"WHERE?" Aang said standing up. 

"There." I said pointing, It was a little ways to the right of me on the side of the mountain.

"I'll get them." Aang said standing up and running over there, he used airbending while he climbed and grabbed every single red apple. He ran back over here.

"Just eat the meat." Sokka said stuffing his face.

"Nope, we have apples." I said as Aang threw me one and one to Appa.

"How many?" Katara asked him.

"Fourteen." Aang said.

"It's getting darker." Sokka pointed out. He was right the sun was falling fast and the stars were becoming brighter.

"Belle I gotta change your bandage." Katara said.

"I'm fine." I said tucking my burned arm into my sleeping bag.

"If a burn gets infected it could get worse." Katara said reaching for my arm and taking it.

"You got burned?" Aang said sitting up.

"You didn't have to stand up to him you know Belle. Aang would have been there within 10 seconds." Sokka said slowly falling asleep.

"If I had gotten there sooner-" Aang started.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Changed it, lets go to bed." Katara said walking back over to her bag.

"Perfect idea." I said before falling asleep.