Chapter 75: The Library

Sokka convinced the team and Professor Zei to head out into the desert to find the library.

Not only are we helping Professor Zei find his library and gather his knowledge, but we also could be on the stepping stones to figuring out our game plan. One that would help us defeat the fire nation. Any sort of fact or hint is worthwhile knowledge.

Professor Zei was just as excited as Sokka and I were, but Katara, Aang and Toph probably thought we were idiots for picking a bad mini-vacation. 'Bad' meaning out in the middle of the desert, looking for a library.

We came out of the bar ready to leave but next to Appa, were a couple of sandbenders. They wore light wraps for clothing to stay cool and to keep their skin safe from the sun. Maybe something we should've thought about, but we have Appa. So it didn't matter too much. We'd be in and out of the desert in no time.

The sandbenders looked as though they were trying to get closer to Appa, but I couldn't tell what they were trying to--

Were they trying to take him?!

"Sandbenders! Shoo! Away from the bison!" Professor Zei ran up to them and yelled.

Aang also ran forwards but before he could say anything the sandbenders were already fleeing to their ships and bending away.

~

Professor Zei had his map out on Appa as we rode through the air, Aang was on the reigns this time. While I, Katara, and Sokka were lookouts for the library, or anything man-made really.

"Wow. Shouldn't be too hard to find a place like this out here," Aang said looking at the picture.

Looking at the picture myself, it truly was an amazing building. With multiple towers and countless design features. Not to mention it was extremely huge.

The minutes went by until they turned into hours and we still hadn't seen anything. As mid-day approached it got hotter and hotter.

It was not one of our pleasant journeys.

"Does this place even exist?!" Toph sighed and fell back into the saddle.

"Some say it doesn't," Professor Zei said in quite a calm tone, unbothered.

Toph sat straight up, "Shouldn't you have mentioned that before!?" She groaned and flopped right back down into the saddle.

I admit, we probably should've thought this through a little better. But we need this. We need information that could help us plan a strategy. A strategy to save the world.

~

"There it is!" I heard someone say and huge amounts of relief flooded me as I looked around, but I saw no spiritual desert library, just sand.

Then I realized my mistake. Good thing everyone else fell for it too.

"That's what it'll sound like when one of you spots it," Toph said, relaxing back into the saddle. She waved her hand in front of her eyes, once again reminding us, that she was blind.

~

More time passed and I was starting to lose hope. I should've known it was too good to be true.

"It shouldn't be too hard to spot a giant, ornate, building from the air," Katara said, peering over the edge.

Professor Zei has remained unchanged throughout the whole ride, probably still just excited to be on a skybison. And Toph had probably fallen asleep by now. Sokka and Katara were doing their best to look for the library, just as I was.