Chapter 7: Explain

The door swung open and cakes of dust filled the air. But I was frozen, too petrified to move, to see who the other person in the room was. I desperately hoped that it wasn't Aang.

I dropped my arm and turned around.

There stood in front of me was Katara. Her eyes were wide. I was able to hide my airbending for 6 years, because I was afraid of being treated like the last airbender. But now I knew I wasn't, I mean theres just one other but it still means that he carries some of the weight. So in a way, since I don't care as much anymore and I was too scared to tell anyone, this is a good thing.

"Hi...Katara." I said.

"You- You're a- You're an airbender?" Katara said eyes still wide.

I didn't say anything.

"This whole time, you were an airbender?" Katara said.

"And you kept it a secret!" Katara said.

"I didn't want to be treated like the last airbender. I didn't want pity." I said.

"Belle. You aren't the last airbender. Aang." Katara said walking closer to me.

"He's gonna need you, he's gonna need an airbender when he finds out what happened to his people." Katara said.

"What about sokka?" I asked her.

"I won't tell anyone if you for some other reason don't want to but, I honestly don't think he'll care." Katara said.

"You'll keep it a secret even though I kept it from you all this time." I said.

"I understand your point of view, Bella. I'll do anything for you." Katara said walking up to me and hugging me. I hugged back, grateful that she wouldn't tell other people.

"Wait so all these years you could've taught me to waterbend." Katara said pulling away.

"Katara I am telling you it is not the same thing." I said on the verge of laughter.

"Fine fine. Are you gonna go in?" Katara asked me. My attention turned towards the door, it had opened and revealed a very dusty room that could not be considered clean in any way. I didn't answer her I just walked into the room. 

Once we had entered we started coughing from the dust.

"It's terrible in here." Katara coughed.

"Hold on..." I said raising my arms, I thought since she knows I get to use airbending in front of her. I lifted all the dust off the furniture and flung it out the window, causing the glass to break.

"You could've done that a little more gracefully." Katara said.

"I didn't exactly have a teacher." I said looking around the room for anything that looked special to my father.

"What about Aang, he could teach you." Katara said following my lead.

I looked away from her, knowing that I was blushing very hard at that comment. I would love to have Aang teach me that sounds like so much fun but it would require me telling Aang that I'm an airbender. Maybe in a the future. 

"Yeah maybe." I said.

We continued looking for anything that looked personal. Anything at all.

"It doesn't even look like someone lived here." Katara said sitting on the bed.

I sighed. "I know."

"We should check on the boys, it's been a long time." Katara said standing up.

"We can come back Bella." Katara said.

Feeling defeated I agreed and we ran out of the tower and we were prepared to go back to the place with all the statues but something else caught our eye. 

Over a small building there was something tornado like, it was pushing things away, not pulling things in, so theres only one other thing it could be.

"What's that!" Katara yelled over that noise.

"That's airbending!" I yelled. She gave me a worried look.

"We gotta go over there." I yelled and started pushing my way through.

"Right behind you!" Katara said.

When we made it to the building without being blown off Sokka was holding onto a rock and staying there and Aang was up in the air, eyes glowing light blue and creating a ball of air that was pushing everything away. His body looked rigid.

"WHAT HAPPEND?!" I yelled to sokka.

"HE FOUND OUT FIREBENDERS KILLED GYASTO!" Sokka yelled.

"I'M GONNA TRY AND CALM HIM DOWN." I yelled.

"WELL DO IT BEFORE HE BLOWS US OFF THE MOUNTAIN!" Sokka yelled, grabbing Katara and pulling her close to him.

I started my way up closer but it was beginning to get to hard to push through so I grabbed onto the nearest rock and held on for dear life.

"AANG, I KNOW YOU ARE UPSET AND I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO LOOSE SOMONE YOU LOVE!" I yelled. He was close enough so that if I let go of the rock a bit a could touch him so he could hear me.

"I LOST MY MOM, SHE WAS TAKEN AWAY, AND THEN I WATCHED MY FATHER BURN ALIVE." I yelled.

"THAT'S MY SAD STORY! BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I LEARNED!" I yelled. His head turned to my direction slightly.

"MONK GYATSO AND THE OTHER AIRBENDERS MAY BE GONE! BUT YOU STILL HAVE A FAMILY, SOKKA, KATARA AND I. WE'RE YOUR FAMILY NOW!" I yelled.

Aang started to loosen the airbending and started to float down I went up a little closer until the airbending was gone and I caught him midair. Katara and Sokka were right behind me.

"I'm sorry." Aang said.

"Don't be." I replied.

"If firebenders found this temple that means they found the other ones too. I really am the last airbender." Aang said.

My heart ached and I felt Katara's eyes on me. Her eyes digging into me, I didn't know how long she could not tell Aang.

I hugged him closer.

You aren't the last airbender.

Is what I wanted to say.

But I didn't.

I KNOW IT'S SHORT IM SORRY I'LL DO THE NEXT ONE NICE AND LONG :)