Chapter 36: The Fortuneteller

Been wanting to write this chapter since I started this book. Hopefully it lives up to your expectations. 

Also, is it rude to ask for comments? Because I do like reading them even if I am too scared to reply 😂

All four of us sat around the burned out fire, laughing and talking. A large green fish was plopping in and out of the river next to our campsite, "He is taunting us!" Sokka said, hopefully referring to the fish. "You are so gonna be dinner!" He yelled again at the poor fish who just kept jumping up and down through the still water. He ran into his tent, came back out with a fishing rod but there was no string attached to it.

I couldn't help but laugh a little. "Hey! Where's the fishing line?" Sokka asked us still keeping his eyes on the big green fish. "Oh I didn't think you would need it Sokka." Aang said pulling out what looked to be the fishing line tied in a braid like thing with a flower.

Sokka walked over to took at it, "Ah it's all tangled!" He exclaimed throwing his hands up in the air. "Not tangled woven." Aang said standing up. That only left me sitting on the ground because Katara was also eyeing the fish.

"I made you a necklace, Bella." He then said turning to me and holding his hand out that contained the necklace. I didn't know if I was showing blush or not but I definitely was feeling fire in my face. Why? I have no idea.

I stood up from the ground and took it in my hand. "Thanks Aang" I said in almost a whisper as I tried to force words out and admiring the necklace at the same time. "Great Aang! Now instead of saving the world you can go into the jewelry making business." Sokka said sarcastically as he played with his line-less fishing rod. "I don't see why I can't do both." Aang said.

I tied the necklace around my neck, choker style.

Sokka had thrown fishing rod at the fish now. Screamed and then jumped in after the fish into the water. In the end he destroyed the fishing rod and then lost the fish. Not to mention all the birds he made deaf by screaming.

Aang, Katara I watch in amusement until something else caught our attention. There was a loud roar in the distance. Aang and I instantly turned to each other and then turned away, both of us blushing.

"Sounds like a platypus bear." Katara said turning her head in the way of the roar. "We'd better check it out." She grabbed her bag and hinted at us to follow.

Once we got into view of what was happening Aang had already spoken, "Someone's being attacked by a giant platypus bear!" He was right, the platypus bear was batting at a man, who looked very calm. There was a sly smile on his face and he dodged each batting.

Although that didn't seem to stop Katara, Sokka and Aang to scream their advice. If this screaming continues there won't be any birds left.

"Make noise he'll run off!" Aang yelled. "No, play dead he'll lose interest!" Sokka yelled. "Run downhill! Then climb a tree!" Katara yelled. "No, punch him in the bill!" Sokka yelled again. "And then run in zig zags!" Aang also yelled again.

Personally I think each one of their 'helpings' reflects their personality.

"No need, it's going to fine." The man said to the three crazy people that I definitely didn't know. I was so occupied with Katara, Aang and Sokka that I didn't even notice he had been talking to them the entire time.

Aang finally jumped in with airbending and in the end Appa scared him off, which also led to the platypus bear laying an egg that Sokka helped himself to after being defeated by the fish.

"Mm, dinner" Sokka mumbled into the egg. "Lucky for you we came along." Sokka said to the man, who still looked very peaceful and calm. "Thanks, but everything was already under control. Not to worry." The man said.