Chapter 55: Lavender-ish

Libra Squad

---

"Maybe I could shock you into the Avatar State," Sokka said.

To say the least the tea didn't work so now Sokka is trying to shock Aang. I'm honestly not sure why he thought shocking would work better than the energy tea.

After the shocking didn't work we tried some ceremonial thing which also didn't do anything. After the three trials, surprisingly the sun had started to drip down the sky so the king excused us to our room.

I know I'm supposed to support Aang with anything he does. But I also know that if he's going down the wrong road I would stop him and open his eyes.

I think I prefer to be doing the second.

"Can I join you?" I asked walking into the balcony where Aang was stood looking at the sunset. He didn't turn around but I saw his head nod so I stepped outside and leaned against the fence he was looking over.

He raised his head to look at me. His hazel-ish eyes had the bright orange from the sunset swimming in them.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked again, and he nodded.

"Do you remember when we were at the air temple and you found Monk Gyatso's skeleton?" I asked him.

He nodded again and turned back towards the sunset.

"It must've been so horrible for you. I saw you get so upset that you weren't even you anymore." I said again.

"I know the Avatar State has useful power, but you have to understand, for the people who love you, watching you be in that much rage and pain is awful."

He took in a sharp inhale through his nose and turned back towards me.

"I'm really glad you told me that, but I still need to do this." His voice got smaller as he spoke.

Now it was my turn to be quiet. Somewhere deep down I knew this wasn't going to work. Aang relies more on his actions to figure out his mistakes. I just wanted to try one last time.

"Alright Aang, but... I can't come tomorrow."

If he does succeed, like I told him, I wouldn't be able to watch.

He didn't say anything but his squinted eyes and leaning posture towards me told me everything.

He didn't want me to go.

"Goodnight." I said and walked off the balcony and all the way into my bed.

---TIMESKIP---

Suddenly I was back at the South Pole, high up on Appa. The cold air was giving me chills but I was still clinging to Appa's reigns. I looked down below Appa and I saw Zuko's ship and Aang in the Avatar State on the ship. Aang's eyes were glowing bright white and so were his tattoos. He raised up on his tornado of water up to me--

I awoke from the nightmare crying and clutching the blanket to my chest.

---TIMESKIP---

I didn't bother seeing Aang off to his trials so I woke up early to spend the sunrise on the balcony and then went back to the room once I knew they had left.

I was sitting in my bed, feeding Momo crackers. One by one he would take a cracker from me and stuff it in his mouth.

A big boom coming from outside which shook the chandelier also stopped me from feeding Momo crackers. "I wonder what they are trying now." I wondered out loud to Momo. He chittered at me and reached for my fist that held the crackers.