Chapter 66: Toph

Aang had already jumped up onto the hedge and reached his hand out to us to grab onto. I smirked at katara and she rolled her eyes. I grabbed onto Aang's hand and he threw me gracefully over the hedge. I moved out of the way right before Katara came over and then Sokka.

"Okay over here." Aang whispered and we followed him behind some trees. Before he could direct us any further the ground under our feet began to rumble and we were flung into the air. Aang, Katara and I landed in bushes and Sokka, well Sokka fell on the ground.

In front of us stood the Blind Bandit, but she was out of her armor and instead wore a long white flowy dress. Her hair looked fancier too. This would explain why we were flung into the air.

"What are you doing here, Twinkle Toes?" She asked Aang.

Ok Aang, explain this situation nicely and smoothly.

"How did you know it was me?" Aang asked her.

"Don't answer to Twinkle Toes it's not manly," Sokka corrected him.

"You're the one whose bag matches his belt," Katara pointed out to Sokka.

Okay team, so far we answered a question with a question, made a comment on having to be manly and then mentioned that we had the belt. Good job team.

"How did you find me?" She asked Aang again.

Okay Aang, smoothly--

"Well, a crazy king told me I had to find an earthbender who listens to the earth. And then I had a vision in a magic swamp, and--"

"What Aang is trying to say is, he's the avatar and if he doesn't master earthbending soon he won't be able to defeat the fire lord," Katara tried to save it.

"Not my problem. Now get out of here, or I'll call the guards," She put her hand in Katara's face.

"Look, we all have to do our part to win this war and yours is to teach Aang earthbending," Sokka tried the pressure and responsibility tactic. Good one Sokka.

Her face went blank and then she turned towards the big house, "Guards! Guards, help!" She cried.

We ran out of view, behind some more trees before we were caught in a bad place.

Two guards came running over to her and I noticed she tucked her hair behind her ears and slouched a bit. "Toph, what happened?" The guard asked her.

Her name is Toph.

I've never heard this voice come out of her before. She must've been making quite an effort because she sounded extremely helpless instead of her usual confidence that I'd seen. "I thought I heard someone. I got scared."

The guards took a look around and then turned back to her. "You know your father doesn't want you wandering the grounds without supervision Toph," they said and then led her back up to the house.

We let them leave and then I spoke, "Great job team, what was that?"

"Wait, I have an idea!" Aang said standing up from his crouched position.

It'd better be better than what we just tried.

~

Aang walked up to the front door of the house and we followed closely behind. This plan had to work because if it backfired somehow it would be our last chance.

Aang knocked on the door and almost instantly a tall man with a black beard and black hair answered. He was dress in green robes and gold markings.

"State your business," he said sounding a bit bored.

"Hello, sir, I'm the avatar and these are my friends, we're here to meet with the Beifong family." Aang spoke in his polite voice.