Chapter 69: The Chase

And with that we flew for miles upon miles. Aang took a few sharp turns around mountains and even went over some, during of which I had to wake up Sokka and tell him to hold on.

After maybe an hour of this Aang brought us all the way up a mountain and landed on a flat surface.

After the landing, Appa fell over making us all fall to the ground.

"Okay, forget about setting up camp, I'm finding the softest pile of dirt and going to sleep," Sokka said and laid down in some dirt, like he said he would.

"That's good, because Toph wasn't going to help anyway," Katara said angrily.

"Oh, I didn't realize baby still needed someone to tuck her in bed."

No not this again. Please, sleep. Overcome me.

"Come on, guys. There's something after us, and we don't even know what or who it is," Aang said as he lifted his orange cover shirt over his head revealing the yellow of his undershirt.

"It could be Zuko. We haven't seen him since-" Katara started and shut her mouth quickly. I could see her resisting to look over at me since I was sandwiched in between her and Aang. I felt them both stiffen.

Anger rushed through me as I remembered what had happened at the oasis. A lot of anger at Zuko for giving me something I would be cursed with my whole life, but also angry at myself for feeling pity for him. I know I shouldn't feel sorry for him, but I do. I know deep down Zuko hates himself for it, even though he might not know it yet. He hates that he has given me a scar just as he hates his own scar for the constant reminding.

A constant reminding I would now have to live with.

"Who's Zuko?" Toph asked feeling the tension shift in the conversation.

"Oh, Just some angry freak with a ponytail who's tracked us all over the world and put a nasty scar on Bella's face. Now they're matching buddies," Sokka rambled.

Sleepy Sokka was always the best of all Sokka's personalities.

Toph's silence was realization for me that Toph was blind and that she hadn't noticed the obvious scar cascading across my left chin and cheek bone.

"Anyway, whoever's chasing us, they couldn't have followed us here. So, now, would everyone just shush?" Sokka pleaded and laid his head back down.

There was a couple minutes of silence in which I almost fell asleep but then Momo started making a lot of noise. Momo usually stays quiet so his sudden loud and constant chatter was an alarm.

"Oh don't tell me." Sokka groaned realizing what this means. This is bad, really bad. Who would go to lengths like this to find us? My mind only goes to Zuko and I know I really don't want to see him right now.

"That's impossible there's no way they could have tracked us," Aang said astounded.

"I can feel it with my own two feet," Toph said.

Okay, I've got to wake up and get alert. I stood up from the ground and tried to shake as much sleep off as I could. "What do we do?" I asked them.

All five of us ran up to the side of the cliff and looked over to see the machine climbing up the mountain. My heart beat fast in my chest at the sight. "It's coming up," I whispered fearfully.

"Let's get out of here," Katara panicked.

"Maybe we should face them and find out who they are. Who knows maybe they're friendly," Aang suggested.

"Always the optimist," Sokka sighed.

We decided to stick around and see if the people inside revealed themselves. Then we could follow either Katara or Aang's plan.