Chapter 107: The Day Of Black Sun

As we got closer to the gate, chains began shooting through the water

As we got closer to the gate, chains began shooting through the water. Ones that would be strong enough to pierce metal. Appa would have no trouble dodging them, but the subs were heavier, and would have more of a problem.

One of the chains sunk into a sub and began pulling it from the water. Katara was busy with the air bubble so I grabbed the reins and flew Appa out of the water.

I grabbed my staff and sliced through the chain. Surprisingly, it worked.

Katara formed the bubble again and we followed the sub back under the waves.

The outer-gate had three weak points: three vents blocked by iron bars.

Good thing Sokka armed the subs with torpedoes.

They shot from the subs and smashed open the vents, opening up holes big enough for them and Appa to pass through. Which we did, easily.

Now ten seconds until the subs hit the beach.

9

Everything went quiet as the chains stopped firing behind us. I suppose they will wait to begin attacking until we surface.

6

I waited, Katara waited, our troops waited, and they waited, for it all to begin.

0

The subs came to a sudden halt as they hit the beaches and then rolled onto the sand.

Blasts from benders, and fiery boulders from up above, began raining down.

Appa broke from the water too, and rose above the action.

Our own weapons, vehicles, and rag-tag warriors began marching up the imperial courtyard. We just had to march on, fight everything in the way, and reach the palace.

The Firebenders had the harder job.

Appa dove to the ground and we jumped off.

A firebender wasted no time and began blasting at me, and I became all too excited to block him and smack him against the wall.

Even Appa grabbed one of them by the leg and threw the guy into the ocean.

Katara grabbed my wrist and tried to yell above the fire, "I'm gonna help the waterbenders!"

I nodded, knowing she was subtly asking if I'd be okay alone.

Of course I'd be okay alone, I formed an air ball and threw it at another firebender.

Time passed and we were already halfway through the courtyard. Which was good, because we needed all the time we could get before the eclipse starts.

But we'd already lost quite a few resources and vehicles to the flaming boulders. At this rate, we'd run out of what we needed before we reached the city.