Chapter 87: Tales Of Ba Sing Se

AAAAAAAAHHHH I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE COMING CHAPTERS

Sorry for the unwonted shortness.

~

A couple days had passed since the palace party. And we hadn't seen Gong Feng, new Joo Dee, or old Joo Dee since we left the party. Which was a good thing, but also a bit eerie.

We've been operating under the radar. We decided it was best to do so because we didn't want to get expelled from the city or risk Appa getting hurt. App's been our top priority for a while. 

The plan was now to lay low and wait out the month till we could speak to the Earth King. But we weren't even sure that was ever going to happen. Maybe it will, but not without some pushing. And we won't do that pushing until he find Appa. 

Some days Katara and Aang would train lightly in the living room, and others Aang and Toph would go outside the inner wall and practice there.

But today was just one of those days where we didn't have anything to do.

I was sitting on the window sill, looking out at all the passing people. Toph was still fast asleep on her cot, making loud snores and sleeping face down. Katara, Sokka and Aang were in the other room getting ready for the day.

With most of my free time, I'd been thinking about how I'd be telling Sokka and Aang. Apart or together? I'd decided on together. When and where? In the house, sometime before the invasion and after we find Appa. I'll probably start out with something like: I need to tell you two something. And then outright say it. If I can clear my mind and just make the sounds it shouldn't be that bad.

Then I'll just suffer the repercussions, which at this point, I have no idea what will be. Probably explosive and detrimental, which would be rational.

Katara came out of the bathroom and gasped at the sight of Toph, sprawled out over the floor with a mountain of hair sitting atop her head.

"Toph, aren't you gonna get ready for the day?" She asked her.

Toph sat up and smoothed her hair over, only for it to jump right back up.

She stood and brushed some dust off her clothes, "I'm ready."

"You're not gonna wash up? You've got a little dirt on your... everywhere actually."

Sometimes Katara's mother instincts can be comforting and sweet, and other times it can feel a tad bossy. I'll die before I ever tell her that though.

Katara's eyes lit up, "You know what we need? A girls day out!"

"Do I have too?" Toph sighed.

"It'll be fun! You coming Bella?" Katara asked me as she dragged Toph out of the house.

"I'm good," I called back.

Someones gotta stare at the people as they pass by.

~

Aang, Sokka and I spent some the day relaxing and playing card games, but soon they also went outside to explore the city.

I'd done some 'exploring the city' in the past couple days, but it doesn't interest me much. People tend to stare at the scar and every now and then I'll see a Dai Li agent and run in the other direction. It's quite stressful. 

But if we are going to be spending a month like this, I might as well take advantage.

I put Momo on my shoulder and walked out of the house. I used a small bit of airbending to get onto the roof after looking both ways. 

From the roof I could really only see the upper ring. Which mostly consists of rich houses, rich people and fields. But if I really stretched, I could see a bit of the middle ring over the wall.

I sat on the roof and fed Momo berries.

Both of us deeply enjoyed it.

The sun rose to my left, the orange glow of the morning had gone away but the bright blues emerging were just as beautiful. 

~

Katara and Toph soon came home with makeup on their faces. But oddly they both looked happy about it. Then Aang and Sokka too, who looked a little somber.

When dinner was delivered the night, Aang suddenly shot up from the table with an idea.

"I've got it! We'll make posters!" He said.

"Posters?" Sokka mumbled, pushing around his rice.

He told us the story of how he was rejected by a bunch of poetry girls. It was quite a tale, and why he was upset.

"Aang, that's a great idea! We can make posters with Appa on them," Katara smiled.

You know what? Let's do it. Who cares if we get in trouble? If Flang Gong or the Dai Li wants to come take us away, we fight them. How good can the Dai Li really be if they never do anything outside of the city.

Besides, we've fought people that would make Flang Gong drop to his knees in terror.

No more boring, useless days. From now on, we are rebels.

But rebels who are trying to restore balance.