Chapter 8: Kyoshi

Aang and I were leaning up against Appa's paw while Katara and Sokka were loading everything on Appa.

I was thinking of ways to tell him. I could make it into a joke, but it would be stupid to put something that important into a joke so that idea was off the table. I could slowly lead up to it, maybe tell him about my father first. God why is this so hard. All I have to do is say hey I'm an airbender.

I opened my mouth. But I couldn't say the words so I closed it.

This is going great.

I guess I wasn't paying attention because suddenly there was a lemur in my lap. Aang laughed and pet him. The lemur dug into my jacket and curled up into a little ball.

"He likes you." Aang said.

"We should keep him." Aang said.

"Alright." I laughed.

Katara and Sokka got down packing and sat down in front of us. Sokka with an apple in hand.

"We have a new pet." I said pulling the lemur out of my jacket.

"What are we naming him?" Katara asked. The lemur jumped of my lap, took Sokka's apple and then came back to me.

"Momo." Aang said. Sokka's mouth and eyes went wide and his hand still looked like it was cupping the apple.

"We should go now. Gotta get to the north pole right?" Katara said standing up.

"Actually we are going to ride the giant koi fish, that's the next stop!" Aang said airbending himself onto Appa.

I climbed up and helped Katara and Sokka up as well.

We set off but all I could think off was how I would tell people. It shouldn't be this hard. I have 2 options left, either just go out and say 'hey I airbend', or wait and when the time comes that I need to protect myself the secret come out.

"BELLA!" Sokka yelled at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I called your name like 3 times." Sokka said holding up his pants.

"Well? What do you want?" I asked not wanting to put up with him right now.

"Sow my pants back together." Sokka said throwing them to me.

"Alright fine...." I mumbled and started sowing but my mind was still on my options.

Option one (just straight out tell them) came with better stuff sooner, for instance, having Aang teach me airbending and being able to use airbending whenever I wanted.

"Hey Bella! Check out this airbending trick!" Aang said.

I'm only caring about myself. How is Aang gonna feel that I didn't tell him when I met him. How is Sokka gonna feel?

"That's great Aang..." I said hoping that fit into the context.

"But you're not even looking." Aang said. I turned back to him.

"That's great." I said.

I feel like if I wait any longer to tell Aang he is gonna be more hurt when I tell him. Which means I gotta do it like today.

"But I'm not doing it now." Aang said.

"Leave her alone she's thinking." Katara said looking out over Appa.

Katara knows. Maybe she could help me. Maybe I could get advice from her.

"You gotta give girls space when do their sewing." Sokka said.