Chapter 88: Jet Black

"No, Sokka... That's not right," I told him truthfully.

But Sokka ignored me and continued to draw Appa. We decided to make posters, meaning we also had to draw Appa. Sokka said he would give it a whirl but Aang and Katara were smart enough to know that wouldn't go well. They went out to look for a printer they could use.

Sokka began to draw legs in odd places so I took the liberty to take away the pencil, "This is frightening, Sokka."

He pouted and tried to snatch it away from me. For some odd reason, he had convinced himself that his drawings were amazing. And they could be, if you were blind.

Toph's already spoken on the matter, remembering to tell Sokka many times how great they looked.

Katara and Aang came running through the front door, arms full of tiny pieces of paper.

"We found a printer to make our posters!" Katara said, holding up one of them.

It was to be expected that Sokka's drawings wouldn't compare, or any drawings for that matter. The drawing of Appa on the poster looked like a picture. If we can get these distributed, we'll have no problem finding Appa.

"Hey, I thought designing the 'Lost Appa' poster was my job!" Sokka pushed forward all 19 of his drawings, "I've been working all day on my Appa."

Katara burst out laughing at all the pictures and Aang became extremely confused.

"Sokka, the arrow is on Appa's head," Aang reminded him.

Sokka scoffed and pointed to his masterpiece, "This is his head!"

"Why are feet coming out of it?" Katara stopped laughing to pick up the poster.

"Those are his horns!"

Needles to say, we went with the printer instead of Sokka as the artist.

We could get in trouble for distributing posters, we haven't heard any rules about it, but Long Feng had alluded to having something to do with Appa. Since that's all the leverage he has on us, he'd do anything to keep him hidden.

Just another reason to hate him.

But we hadn't seen nor heard from Long Feng or the Joo Dees in a while. We hadn't seen them since the palace party, so it'd had to have been a couple weeks.

Wow. It's been weeks.

We'd thought the invasion would be in the works and Appa would be found by now. In fact, I thought my secret would be out by now. Finding Appa is taking more time than we thought.

Which is more the reason to start getting the posters spread everywhere.

First we'd have Aang get above the city on his glider and drop the posters in all three rings. That way we can get the word out faster and to more people. If we don't hear back from anybody than we'll go out and start plastering them to the walls of the upper-ring, middle-ring and lower-ring.

I laid on some pillows in the living room, petting Momo at my side. Sokka and Katara were in the middle of the room playing a game and Toph was lying on the floor, tossing a ball at the wall. We've been playing the waiting game a lot in Ba Sing Se.

Aang flew through the doors of the house, leaning his glider against the wall, "I just finished dropping all the leaflets. Has anyone come in with news about Appa?"

Katara barely looked up from her card game, "It's only been a day, just be patient."

Aang just barely sat down when a knock came from the door.