Chapter 17: Imprisoned

The night was cold, the thin bags we called sleeping bags weren't very good at their job. I think I slept on a rock as well.

Sokka was still sleeping but Aang and I were awake. Katara was outside getting water.

I crawled over to where Sokka was sleeping.

"SOKKA!" I yelled in his ear. His eyes opened and he groaned, 3 seconds later he closed them again.

"We have to get up early to get flying done remember?" I said.

His eyes opened and he sighed.

I smiled realizing I won and crawled back over to my sleeping bag. I rolled it up and threw it on Appa's saddle, Aang did the same.

Katara then burst in through the doors.

"They took him! They took Haru away!" Katara yelled.

"What?" Sokka asked her finally sitting up out of bed.

"The old man turned him into the fire nation! It's all my fault. I forced him into earthbending." Katara yelled again in a single breathe.

I ran up to her and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Slow down Katara, when did this happen?" I asked her.

"Haru's mother said they came for him at midnight." Katara said.

"Then it's took late to track him, he's long gone." Sokka said.

"We don't need to track him, the fire nation is gonna bring me right to Haru." Katara said.

"And why would they do that?" I asked her, very confused.

"Because they are going to arrest me for earthbending." She said.

"Katara I hope you realize that you aren't an earthbender." I told her, slightly concerned.

"I don't have to be." She said and left the barn. We followed her.

---Time Skip---

"I thought you were crazy at first Katara, but this might work." Sokka said, pushing a boulder onto the first vent.

"We have aang blow air through the other vent and the boulder levitates." He said.

"Aang? You got that?" Katara asked Aang.

Aang and I were sitting by the other vent but he has playing with a butterfly.

"Sure sure I got it." He said.

"Do you remember your cue?" Sokka asked him.

"Yeah yeah just relax you are taking all the fun out of this." Aang said letting the butterfly go.

"Wait here they come!" Sokka said. I ducked my head down below the rock and Aang did the same.

I peeked over the side and saw three fire nation soldiers walking up the path.

Sokka and Katara did their skit where they bump into each other and then argue while the soldiers watched which was actually pretty funny, I had to stop Aang from laughing multiple times.

"I'll show you who's boss, earthbending style!" Katara yelled.

Aang didn't notice his cue.

I elbowed him and whisper yelled at him, he then finally blew a strong gust of wind through the vent, blowing the boulder up through the other ones.

The soldiers surrounded Katara in minutes and had grabbed a hold of her.

They took her down the path and me and Aang stood up.

"Come on! We gotta get Appa and follow them." Sokka said running back into the barn.

Aang and I followed Sokka and climbed into Appa.

Aang let me drive again.

---Time skip---

"How far away is this ship?" Sokka asked nobody but himself.

"Sokka we have to follow the ship all the way to where they are keeping the prisoners." Aang said.

"It could take a long time." Aang said again.

The ship I was following was leaving a trail of smoke, and I had noticed the smoke had slowed down, meaning the ship was slowing down.

"We're close." I said.

"Really?!" They both yelled.

I went down lower and saw an entire platform of metal, the ship was very close to docking.

I turned Appa around slightly so we didn't land to close to the prison and started a slow decent into the water. 

Appa landed on the surface of the still water and stayed there.

I got off Appa's head and walked back to the saddle.

"There it is." I said pointing to our left.

The sky was turning a pinkish color.

"I say we give her till midnight to find Haru then we go get her out." Sokka said.

Aang and I nodded.

---There's Another Time Skip---

We laid there on Appa for a while. The sky turned pink, purple and then dark blue. 

I sat up, Sokka was snoring loudly and Aang was staring off into the water. 

"Hey." I said. Aang turned his head towards me.

"Do you think we should get Katara and Haru now." I asked him.

"Yeah I'll wake up Sokka." Aang said walked over to where Sokka was sleeping.

I got back up on Appa's head and had him swim slowly over towards the boat.

Once we got there Sokka stood up. "Okay, Aang you go find Katara, and don't be seen." Sokka said to Aang. 

Aang nodded and jumped off Appa.

"I'll be back soon." He said and left into the darkness.

I'm sorry nothing interesting happened this chapter. I'm starting the next one right now.