Chapter 41: The Scent Of The Necklace

I said I would show my grades and I've never seen any author do this so here are my grades 😂

Algebra: C+ | Design: A | English: A | Social Studies: B | Mandarin Language: B+ | Music: A- | Science: A- | Spanish Language: B | Art: A 

---

Aang sat on top of Appa, reigns in hand. While I threw the stuff onto the saddle, Katara, Sokka and Bato were on the other side of the courtyard packing up.

Katara walked over to us.

"Good luck." She said to me, I didn't answer her, I don't understand how someone could just abandon something for a little mistake and the odd chance that they will see their father again. Katara returned to Sokka and Bato.

I watched them leave.

I climbed aboard Appa and sat next to him by the reigns. Maybe now's a good time to tell him. Nope probably not, probably the worst time ever.

One of the ladies from the abbey walked up to us, "Guess we should be moving on now?" Aang asked her, "That would be best." Was the woman's reply and Aang led Appa out of the woods. We couldn't fly yet because of all the branches, but as soon as we reached the beach we would take off, and I would most likely never see Katara and Sokka again, unless we all survived the war, which was a very small percent.

As we made our way towards the beach I heard a wolf howl, it sounded so sad.

---TIME SKIP---

We were about to reach the beach when one of the abbey woman ran in front of us, to actually catch up with us she would've had to run all the way here, this must be good.

"Avatar! You must leave." She said out of breath. "Isn't that what we are doing?" Aang asked her confused. "A group of people came to the abbey looking for you!" She said again extremely out of breathe. Aang and I got down from Appa. "Who?" We both asked in union. "A fierce-looking woman with a horrible monster, and a young man with a scar!" She said finally catching her breathe. "Zuko." Aang said aloud and we shared concerned looks. The last time we had seen Zuko was when he saved Aang from Zhao, the guy I hate.

That's his name right? Zhao?

Could be Chao?

It's not important.

"The beast was using a scent of a necklace to follow you." The woman explained further. "A necklace?" Aang asked me confused. I don't understand that eith-

"Katara!" I thought out loud and Aang's face showed realization. We brought the woman abroad Appa so she didn't have to run back and Aang had Appa run through the trees all the way back to the abbey. Once we were close enough Aang shot off using his glider so he could get there faster and I rode Appa the rest of the way.

When I entered the courtyard the woman jumped off Appa's saddle and fled to a nearby building. I saw Aang and Zuko battling with air, water and fire in the middle of the courtyard, next to them I saw a tall black haired woman riding a mole like creature, it had a long nose and even from afar you could tell it was blind. Appa immediately engaged in attack before I could with the mole like thing and the woman when he saw her start to charge at me.

On another quick glance I saw Sokka and Katara propped up against the wall.

I ran over to them, ducking under fire blasts that were misdirected towards me. "Bella!" They called my name as I got closer to them.

They looked limp like as they sat against the wall, "Why aren't you getting up?" I yelled over the noise of the fire blasts once I was close enough to them, "The tongue of the animal, paralyzed us." Sokka spoke.

Finally understanding the danger of the animal I took a swift glance behind me, Aang and Zuko were still battling were now on the rooftops and the Woman, mole and Appa had now taken the courtyard space.

The mole had temporarily struck Appa down and made a direct beline for me, Appa didn't get up in time though and it's sharp tongue scratched my leg. I felt the poison creep up my left and paralyze every muscle. I fell to the ground near Katara and Sokka and was forced to be the audience to Aang's and Zuko's battle and Appa's and the mole's battle.

The battles would shift sides every now and then from who was currently overpowering the other. Both were equal and they weren't going to be stopped until one of them was injured.

Meaning we had a small time frame to stop this.

The abbey women ran over to us and stuck perfumes by our noses that somehow, magically, returned the control to our muscles. I stood up from the ground, as did Sokka and Katara. "That thing sees with its nose. Let's give him something to look at." Sokka announced one of his many plans. "The perfume?" The abbey woman asked him, Sokka simply nodded.

We each gathered giant tubs of the abbey women's crafted perfume and dumped them through the courtyard. The purplish liquid covered the surface of the floor and the instant soft smell of roses filled the air around the us, the mole creature however did not find it was pleasant.

Once the perfume hit it's feet and covered it's face it reared around awhile trying to back away, in the process it accidentally paralyzed the woman and Zuko. Eventually it ran out of the courtyard leaving everyone behind.

We said our fast goodbyes to the abbey women and got out of there as fast as possible, not wanting to be there when Zuko and that crazy lady woke up.

Soon we were flying above the clouds in awkward silence.

"So...where do we go?" Aang broke the silence.

"We're getting you to the north pole." Katara spoke, surprising me. "Yeah, we've lost too much time as it is." Sokka joined in and I gave them both approving nods. "Don't you want to see your father?" Aang asked them, poking his head over the side of Appa's saddle, now not controlling the reigns.

"Of course we do Aang, but you're our family too. And right now you need us more." Sokka spoke the most kind words I have ever heard him say, ever.

"And we need you." Katara added.

Aang smiled, "I have something for you Katara," He lifted up her lost necklace that Zuko had stolen from her. "Aang! How'd you get that!" Katara asked him taking the necklace and clipping it around her neck. "Zuko asked me to be sure I got it to you." Was Aang's answer.

We laughed.