Epilogue: Wedding

AGES: Bella: 22 Aang: 21

"I'm too hot."

I couldn't stop messing with my dress and hair. The dress was long but it was light-weight, mostly lace, and I had no coat. My hair was it's usually thickness, which usually always makes me overheat, but today it was all styled up on my head. So, there should be no reason that I was overheating. But I was.

"You are hot." Toph spit a cherry pit across the room.

"Not helping," I mumbled.

Katara came running into the igloo. "It's time, are we ready?"

"No, we're not." I continued to adjust the ice blue dress in the mirror.

Why did Aang have to be Avatar? Why couldn't he just be some fisherman. People wouldn't come from around the world to see some fisherman's wedding.

"Where's Appa? We could still get out of here if we're fast enough," I asked and looked away from the mirror to turn to the girls.

Toph, Mai, Suki, and now Katara were in the igloo with me.

"I'll find him." Toph stood up.

Suki pulled her back down. "You can't even see."

One of the joys of being back home was that Toph was completely blind on the ice, but her attitude hadn't changed.

Katara took my hands. "Everything's going to be fine, you look beautiful."

"Except that most of the North Pole is here, the entire South Pole, the Firelord—"

"Zuko," Katara corrected.

"A bunch of people from the Earth Kingdom, Kyoshi Island, your boyfriend and his family—"

"Haru," She corrected me again.

"Don't forget about Ty Lee and her six sisters," Mai suggested.

"Right, thank you, Mai, Ty Lee and her six—"

"Bella!" Katara interrupted me. "Everyone here is happy for you and excited to see you. You just walk down the aisle, Aang will be there, we'll be there, and it'll be over before you know it."

Spirits, I hope that's true.

"Ready?" She asked.

I couldn't make all those people wait any longer.

Even though I wanted to.

I channeled in all the excitement I had and tried to let it replace every other feeling.

"Yeah." I swallowed the word but Katara's hawk ears heard it anyway.

"Alright, let's go."

Toph put down the bowl of cherries and took Suki's elbow. Them and Mai got behind me. Katara stood to my side.

Even as we walked out into our empty village, I was holding my breath.

There were too many people to have it in the actual village, so we held it right behind the confines.

Aang and I had pushed to get married in the South Pole, instead of the North Pole or Ba Sing Se or any of the other suggestions people were making to Aang.

Personally, I think everyone is far too obsessed with the Avatar.

Katara led us through the quiet village. I almost considered running into our old igloo, but Katara had a tight hold on my arm. Almost as if she knew I was thinking about it.

We left the the village and stepped onto the designated path, where there were at least hundreds of rows of eyes watching and smiling at me.

Way too many people.

We could've done it at an air temple, this many people would never be able to get up there. But I knew if my parents couldn't be at my wedding now, I could've at least done it at a place that was close to both of their hearts.

So I did my best to not look at the ground as I walked down the path. With Katara by my side, and Mai, Suki, and Toph behind me.

Sokka stood at the front, grinning ear to ear. Next to him was Hakoda, and finally Zuko.

Zuko, who had become one the most unlikeliest best friends to me, and one of my favorite people.

I finally met eyes with Aang, and as cheesy as it sounded, it suddenly didn't matter to me that there were so many people.

He smiled, and I smiled back harder.

His clothes were fancier than usual, but not too different from his regular clothing.

Thank spirits for that. I vaguely remember Hakoda trying to get him to wear something blue.

I liked him best in yellow and orange.

After an endless eternity of walking, we finally reached the end of the pathway.

Everyone sat down in their chairs, and Aang and I took each others hands.

~

How would ya'll feel about a video trailer...?