Chapter 24: Rage

"Hey you! Get back here!" 

All four of us spun around. Then Aang spoke stupidly. "Well well, look who's come to their senses, told ya the haggling would pay off."

But then every pirate on that ship jumped off onto the ground near us with weapons in their hands, there was like twenty. Where were the all hiding? In the floorboards? 

"I don't think they want to trade with us..." Katara said. I think we all agreed with her because soon all four of us were running away from the pirates. I could tell they were right behind us though because of their copious amounts "GET EM!".

Aang took his glider out of his bag and opened it up. He motioned for us to get on and then pushed off the ground. I reached up to his hand and he pulled me up and then Katara and Sokka hung at the ends. The glider bumped around in the air a bit due to the four people on it but it worked and we flew all the way back to our campsite next to the waterfall.

Aang let us down onto the ground and we took a moment to catch our breath.

"I used to kind of look up to pirates, but those guys are terrible." Aang said. "I know." I started, "thats why I took this." I pulled out the scroll. Katara looked very happy and instantly ran for it and took it. "No wonder they were trying to hack us up. You stole their waterbending scroll." Sokka said to me, obviously upset.  "Sokka do you actually care, this is more important to us then it is to some random person in the earth kingdom," I said. "It doesn't matter, you put all of our lives in danger." Sokka said. "This is more important." I said. He huffed and walked away. 

"Well, what's done is done. We have it we might as well use it," Aang said. Katara was by the water studying the scrolling. Aang soon joined her and I took my usual space against the rock.

Let's see how this unfolds.

Katara set the scroll on a stump, "I just want to try this one move first and then it's all yours," she said. She kept her eyes on the scroll as she moved towards the water. She moved her arms in a wave motion while looking at the scroll, the water followed her motion and when she moved her hands back again it hit her in the face. 

Sokka laughed and I couldn't help but giggle.

She didn't notice though.

"What's so funny?" Katara asked Sokka. "I'm sorry but you deserved that."  He said, "You've been duped, she's only interested in teaching herself." Sokka then said to Aang. 

"Aang will get his turn once I figure out the water wip..." Katara said quite angrily. 

Aang just sat near me watching the scene unfold. 

Katara tried again and this time hit Momo. "Ugh why can't I get this stupid move!" Katara yelled throwing her hands up in anger. "You'll get it." Aang said getting off the rock and bending the water, he bent it exactly how Katara was trying to do and it worked perfectly. I saw Katara's face turn so drastically from nice to demon.

She was actually going to explode.

I ran up to her and hugged her shoulders. "How about we take a break." I said. She huffed and nodded.

---

The rest of the day went peacefully, the plan was to stay the night here and fly out early in the morning so naturally all of us went to bed a little early. 

---

"Bella!" I heard someone whisper yell in my ear. I shot straight from my peaceful slumber to see Katara sitting by me with the scroll in her hands. "What" I whispered to her angry enough to get my point across that I did not appreciate getting woken up. "I need you to help me waterbend." She whispered back.

"I'm an airbender!" I said a little to loudly, my head instantly shot around the camp and thankfully everyone was still sleeping. She rolled her eyes as if I had asked the dumb question.

God I'm so tired.

"I know that I just need your help." She said. I finally agreed realizing that she would not give up and we walked out of the camp next to the river. 

"Okay, hold this open." She said giving the scroll to me. 

I held it open for her as she tried the water whip again. This time it whipped my hand, "OW" I told her, she gave me sympathetic eyes. "Why am I not getting this right." Katara thought out loud. I studied the scroll and then looked at what she was doing. "Maybe try having more balance with your feet, and stop being so rigid." I said. She nodded and tried it again, this time it worked a little better.

"See you know bending stuff." She said. Great choice of words Katara.

I decided this would be a great time for a therapy session.

"How do I tell Aang and Sokka." I asked her. She looked at me again and shrugged, "The longer you wait the worse it'll be."

That made sense but it was just so hard to tell him and I don't know why.

I was instantly snapped out of my thoughts when two hands grabbed my shoulders, I turned around and felt my heart drop when I saw a pirate.

I felt water hit him back, probably Katara and then we both started blindly running in the opposite direction, only to run right into Zuko. He grabbed our arms and tied us to a tree.

Zuko then turned around and said something to the pirates. Giving me time to think about what had just happend in the last 20 seconds. Katara's eyes were wide and scared looking at me. Zuko turned to us. "Where is the Avatar?" He asked Katara, she didn't say anything. And then he looked at me, his eyes were filled with rage and Anger, so much that I'm surprised he wasn't blowing up. I didn't respond either. "Tell me where he is and I won't hurt you or your brother." He said to both of us. "Go jump in the river!" Katara said, which definitely is not the right thing to say to an angry teen.

"Try to understand, I need to capture him to restore something I've lost." He said, now circling the tree. "Perhaps in exchange I can restore something you've lost." He held up Katara's necklace. I remembered Katara complaining she lost it when we saved Haru from the prison. "How did you get that!" Katara yelled. He didn't answer. "Tell me where he is!" Zuko said again. Then the lead scary pirate jumped in, "Enough of this necklace garbage. We were promised a scroll!" He said. My hand clenched around the scroll I was currently holding onto but then Zuko ripped it out of my hands. I had the strong urge to cause him pain.

"I wonder how much this is worth?" Zuko said, he held fire under the scroll and the pirates pleading with him to stop. "A lot apparently. Now help me find what I want, you'll get this back and everyone goes home happy." Zuko said.

Psychopath.

"Search the woods for the boy!" Zuko yelled, the pirates mumbled something and then entered the very woods where our friends were sleeping.