•She's That Girl•

'Ignore his presence and he'll disappear' Skylar kept telling herself. It took her a supernatural effort not to look back. She never understood why he kept showing up. His presence was suffocating her, she wanted him to go away but he wouldn't leave her. The Shadehaven high halls were crowded and full of people and she sighed, feeling finally safe.

-"Aiden Crow looks so hot " Heidi squealed as she put her hand of her forehead as if she was going to faint.

        That was her best friend since kindergarten. They had known each other since forever. Heidi Blackburn was always ready to chase a hot guy, and she never had a problem with that. Of course it all came easy to the Shadehaven queen. So pretty and so mean. If there's something Heidi loved more than her best friends, it was her love for herself. She always said she won't hand her heart to a boy who will crash it effortlessly. Instead, she chose the other path. She never got tired of one night stands and stolen kisses, she didn't mind it as long as she never stayed the night.

-"Heidi dear, When will you realize  he is not that hot?" Skylar teased, feeling better the second her friend showed up. Heidi rolled her eyes and opened a locker beside her friend's

-" If you don't like him, there's something utterly wrong with you. Him and I are going to be the perfect two, for a night at least. He'd look ten times hotter when he's on top of me" Heidi sighed dreamingly, eying Aiden with intense focus. He wasn't the quarterback or the bad boy. He was a regular student, with a pure smile and compelling eyes: The secret recipe to melt a girl's heart.  Sky chuckled genuinely, shaking her head

- "You did not just say that! You do realize that he looks exactly like your ex. Blond hair, blue eyes, golden boy?" 

- "Excuse me? " Heidi looked offended, but Sky knew she was only faking it. " My ex had the honor of  dating me. Therefore, he's hotter than Aiden" She replied haughtily before flipping her perfect blond hair. Skylar was used to her friend's arrogance, so she just shook it off. " So what class do you have now"

- "Math class. I'd rather spend eternity in hell, playing crosswords with Lucifer himself" The frustration was obvious in Sky's voice. Her dramatic flair for life never failed to make Heidi smile.

- "I have English, my darling" Heidi said in a perfectly british accent, impersonating her English teacher. He was a good looking young man, loved by all the students, and by students, I mean girls.

- "Well, we all know you're loving that" Skylar said with a smirk.

- "Oh look, there he is," Heidi nudged Sky, looking at Aiden who was talking to his  football team mates. "One day, I'll win his heart" The glint of confidence was so obvious in her eyes and her voice as she walked past him and flipped her hair. 

-" We both know you'll only break it to a million pieces". Unlike Heidi, Skylar built a brick wall around her. It had been two years since Sky last dated someone, or loved someone. She, along with Heidi and their two other friends, was one of the most beautiful and desired girls of Shadehaven High, but for some unknown reason, she refused to get back on the field. She enjoyed being around boys, maybe flirt a little, but it never got farther. She kept it friendly.

-" What can I say, I love the sound of shattering hearts" She said the words like it was the most casual thing to say. She stopped in front of her classroom, and a bunch of girls immediately cleared the way, not daring to hold eye-cotact with her. They knew better than to mess with The Royalty." That's my stop" Heidi waved her hand in the air before walking in the room, stilletos ripping open the floor.

        Her existence within the classroom caught everyone's attention. As she walked slowly across the room, the girls turned green with envy and the boys blushed at her Beauty. She was like last summer's first kiss as her smile lit up the room and her hair swayed as though it was in slow motion. As she walked past the student, they smelt her fragrance that lingered for miles. She was Shadehaven's sweetheart. 

        Taking a seat at the back of the classroom, she turned to look at the window, the sun was up,  its pink-orange glow dancing across the walls of the building. She smiled gracefully, thinking this was going to be a good year. Looking to her right, she noticed a boy playing carelessly with his pen. He turned the chair round and straddled it, his feet were thrown carelessly out the sides, while the laces of his combat boots hung loose on the floor. He looked pale in the morning light. His skin-fade pampadour made his black hair pop more, It was edgy and Heidi wasn't sure if it was deliberate, or if he was just too lazy to brush it in the morning. But then his dark eyes looked up and remained fixed on her. He was still playing with the pen. He didn't say a word. He only slid his tongue over his bottom lip, then the left corner of his mouth tilted up. Looking down at his pen again. 

-" Like what you see?" His low husky voice was like a wake up call to Heidi and she immediatly snapped out of it, hoping she wasn't looking like a creep. He didn't look up, and it felt like he wasn't expecting an answer. His words sounded more like a statement than an actual question. 

-" Don't flatter yourself, street rat " She arrogantly replied, turning her head to the board. 

-" You know you like it" 

-" Keep boosting that ego. The higher it gets, the harder you'll break when I bruise it" Her dry smile seemed to amuse him, so he got up and pulled his chair closer to her, he leaned in so closely that she felt his burning breath on her ear as he whispered to her.

-" Are you saying you weren't wondering how I got a tatto under my ear when I am only seventeen?" Even though she wasn't looking at him, she knew he was smirking. She didn't remember seeing this boy in high school nor in the peaceful streets of the Shadehaven. And it was a small town where everybody knew everybody, but for some reason, this young man never crossed her path. Heidi mentally dismissed the thought, thinking that he was probably a loner who spent most of his time in the shadows. 

-" Not at all. In fact I was wondering why on earth would someone in their right mind wear a boxer with yellow stripes under black pants. It's the stuppidest combination ever. And what's wrong with your shaggy pants, feels like they'll fall just by one look. And darling, never wear black with yellow, you look like a bumble bee" She wrinkled her nose, looking down at him. Judging by the clothes he was wearing, Heidi knew he came from a wealthy family, what she didn't understand was why would someone with his social status take their style so lightly and dress effortlessly not caring to look at the mirror. He threw his head back and laughed before leaning on her again

-" So much for not cheking me" He winked, before whispering " And just so you know, I don't wear any tattoos" Realising what a smartass he was, she lightly turned to face him. His face was only inches away from hers and she felt the fire he breathed out while he focused on her mischievous eyes before darting his eyes to her tempting lips.

-" Alright class, I am apologize for being late. Let's start the lesson. Blackburn, Laurent, I suggest you respect your personnal space or you take it to a hotel room. Now. As for the Assignment..." The teacher started talking about last week's homework, but Heidi tuned him out, looking at the boy ,with the Laurent nickname, while he pulled his chair back to his place, an obnoxious grin on his face. She directed her attention towards the teacher, reminding herself to stay away from the boy with the razorblade smile.

        After all, lone wolves are stronger, more aggressive and far more dangerous.

                                                                               •••

#Hello there, beautiful people, so here's the first chapter of my story, It's a little short, but it gets longer with other chapter. I hope you enjoy reading it. And don't hesitate to give me feedback, it really encourages me. Much love x