•Tar Black Souls•

-" No."

-" Are you sure" she frowned

-" As sure as I'm standing here. I know everything and everyone there. There's no one that goes by that name. There's absolutely no Vin, Vincent, or Vincenzo" the woman sitting on the desk replied. " Who is this man?"

-" Okay, thank you. Mother" Heidi dodged the question, dashing to the door

-" Stop right there." her mother commanded. And Heidi knew that tone like the back of her hand. She froze in her place taking while anger, hurt and travesty were having a mortal combat in her head.

-" Yes, mother?" she turned with a diplomatic smile

-" What are you hiding, young lady" she looked at her with suspicious eyes.

-" Nothing, mother" she flashed her award winning smile

-" You know that I'm going to find out, sooner or later" she crossed her hands on her chest

-" Oh, mami." She faked a laugh. " You may find out about the diaries I keep, the massive amount of detentions I get, the countless people I tormented, the acts of vandalism, the sexual orientation, the dead bodies under my bed, the skeletons hiding in my closet. But never, and I say never, will you see inside my soul."

-" Secrets breed paranoia"

-" Paranoia is the highest state a mind can reach" she said, walking out of the office. As she went through the door her mother called her again, hands on her chest, a mixture of worry and horror on her face.

-" Are you gay?" she asked, gulping rather loudly.

-" Maybe you should check under my bed first" she said. " I swear I hear them scream at night" she whispered, creeping her mother out.

-" Heidi!" her mother yelled, horrified.

-" Homophobic jerk" Heidi whispered before dashing away.

                                                                              ***

The conversation between the beautiful girl and her mother kept repeating itself inside Heidi's head. She thought of the day she was at Jedikiah's place when his friend, Vin, paid him visit. She relived the scene of the cabin, her fight with him, the conversation between his friends. What did the man mean by stick to the plan? Who's this bastard they needed to find? Who's the girl they talked about? Why did Vin lie about his job? Why can't he be as honest as she is?

It's true that he had been trying to call her every day, sending her texts that either said ' I am sorry' or ' Please, love. Pick up the phone' or some sweet nothings. She was going to forgive him, but just not yet.

-" Miss Blackburn, can you tell us what do you think?" the teacher's voice interrupted her thoughts

-" I'm sorry?" She looked at the one and only Jedikiah.

- " Care to share?" he narrowed his eyes.

-" I prefer not" she said, imitating his kingly accent. " But thank you anyway, Mr. Davenport" she emphasized the last word and he knew exactly what she was insinuating. Her little attempt to impersonate her teacher had some students giggling and laughing, even Ace and Lydia couldn't hold their laugh.

-" What is it that you find outstandingly humorous that you smile far and wide while we're discussing the tragedy of Romeo And Juliette?" he asked in all seriousness.