•Silence Of The Lambs•

Skylar  walked to the closest desk  to the window,  put her Céline bag on the floor. The classroom was still empty, the teacher wasn't here yet, and the students were lost in the enormous hallways of high school. A vivid image flooded into her head, reminding her of the man she was avoiding earlier. He was always there. Somewhere, next to her favorite café, or in the parking lot, or standing in the crowds. He was always watching her. Not like a guardian angel, but like a wolf waiting for the right moment to take the life of his prey. Breathing heavily, she open her favorite novel and started reading with pure attention, focusing on the words like they were talking to her. She got swept up into a whole other universe, She stood in the character's shoes, she lived their memories, the pain and anger, the confusion and sadness, and  she forgot everything  around. She wasn't Skylar Blanchard anymore. She didn't have to be. Books were her escape. So she escaped

- "The silence of the lambs.. And I thought crime was a little too dark for you" A cold, smooth voice broke the silence. Skylar didn't mind turning back to see who was talking, and continued reading her novel. In fact, she hated being interrupted while reading. Everybody knew that. But she couldn't just lash out, she wasn't allowed to, she refused to. After two years of meltdowns and anger attacks, she finally was in control over her once-again perfect life. So instead of snapping at the stranger, she chose to ignore him. "You have to interest in subjecting yourself to such worthless company, don't you?" Skylar turned slowly  to see who was disturbing her peace and serenity.

-" I don't like being interrupted while reading. So if you'll excuse me.." Her voice was firm and commanding, she didn't even to smile ever so politely. Her blue eyes fell on him, but it wasn't penetrating. It was wholly shallow, and the boy knew she had no interest in reading him or studying his features. He could swear her mind was still thinking about the last line she read before he interrupted her. And with indifference, she looked back at her book. She looked at the book with more attention than him, and he wondered what on earth could be more interesting than having the quarterback of the football team in an empty classroom. He frowned lightly, studying her features and no matter how beautiful she was, he couldn't help back look at her hands. She kept her hands busy, playing with the tip of the page, or running her hand through her hair, or even tapping her fingernails against the wooden table.

-" Would you mind looking away? You're basically digging holes in the back of my neck" Her irritated tone caught his attention, and if there's anything Tyler Hernandez loved in this world, it was annoying people to their death.

-" No, I like the view from here" He stated casually, dropping his gaze to her tanned legs.

-" I beg your pardon?" The disgust in her face was pretty obvious, and Tyler smiled like he had just won a prize. " How dare you? I suggest you tear your prying eyes off of me and keep quiet for whatever time left, or else, It'll rain merry hell on you. Do know  who I am?" Her irritation was rising, and while she didn't expect an answer, seeing that her question was thetorical, his cold voice filled the room again.

-" Of course I do. Smoke Queen" He crooked his head to the side, amused

-" Smoke Queen?" 

-" Yes, can't get yourself to quit, can you?" She looked away hoping he'd just drop it and leave her to her reading, but that was nothing but wishful thinking. " Pure acid, from the inside out" He chanted, stretching his hands in the air. " Cigarettes and crimes.And I thought you were a good girl." 

-" Good girls sneak out of their rooms at midnight, they kiss their best friend's man, they are afraid of showing who they truly are, they drink alcohol in a soda can, they wear no bras under their gramma sweaters, they hide dollars under their pillow, they walk with their heads down, and they whisper at night. I, on the other hand, take the front door. So don't you ever call me a good girl" She glared at him with eyes that seemed to freeze people when they wanted to run, eyes that said she knew exactly your deepest and she's not afraid to use them agaisnt you. He smirked, glad that he heard those words.

-" Fiesty. You got some fire in you" he clapped in amazement. Boys were always an open book. You get what you see, they raged when they got mad, they fought when they felt betrayed, they laughed when they were happy. But it wasn't like that in the world of women. Girls always played dirty. They smiled while plotting revenge, and kept quiet when they were mad, and yelled when they were happy. He never knew how girls could look so pure, so beautiful while they carried hell inside of their chest, Burning heaven with a glare and freezing hurricanes with a smile. 

-" I got a temper too. So don't push it"  He raised his hands in surrender and finally kept quiet. After trying to read the few pages left of the novel, she slammed the book shot and turned to Tyler, moving her  long legs  and swinging one over the other. " And who said I didn't like darkness, Know-it-all? " Skylar said raising her perfectly arched eyebrow.

- "Hanging out with the royalty, being on The Feed, focusing on good grades, being part of the Tennis club, doing charity work, being a perfectionist? Hannibal Lecter seems like a bad man for you" She could feel the room burning from his  over-confidence. " Oh without mentioning your style!"

- " Excuse me?" Now, she really felt offended. " Did you say my style? What's wrong with my style?" Her glare amused him even more and he had the audacity to laugh carelessly, like he was used to insult a girl's fashion choices.

        The students started getting in the classroom, as well  as the teacher, cutting Sky off. Everyone took their usual seats and Skylar was still being able to see the guy. He continued to watch her with an amused expression on his face. She noticed his crooked grin produced a single dimple. The dimple didn't seem to fit with his cold, arrogant demeanor. As much as his presence annoyed her, she couldn't help but admit this boy could only be labeled as ridiculously gorgeous.

        She shifted in her seat, feelinghe coldest sensation ever as she lost control of what youshe call forth from her brain. She glanced at him for a split second, their eyes locked. It felt like he was reading her mind like an open book, so she tried of a lot of things all at once. She had no control. I concentrated on the feeling to put up walls so it would leave and give her back the one sanctuary she thought she could have.

         Her mind took a seat in the reckless train of thoughts, and she found herself thinking of what her life had been two years ago. She the same girl as now, sassy,  smart, classy and a force to be reckonned with. She always smelled like trouble, she was always fierce and passionate, and determined. She had faith, and believed in trust. And today, she was the same girl everyone feared and everyone respected at the same time, only instead of trust and faith, she had acid and fire.

        The class seemed to be taking longer than usual, Sky was getting bored since she knew all the things her teacher was talking about. She studies for this in summer. She always liked to mix fun with work. She loved having the best of both worlds.  One thing she couldn't stop doing was staring a at her outfit the whole time. What did he mean by her style? Her little black dress and combat boots matched her purple blazer perfectly. And her signature item –purple headband– made her look casual. Her outfit was put together yet simple, there was nothing wrong with it.

        It was a good day to visit the loved ones, Sky had decided to go visit her three long time loved one, tell them how she spent her summer, pat their dusty back and put a sweet rose next to them. It's been a long time since they last heard of her, and she wanted to keep her promise. She had missed them. So she decided that after class is over, she'll bring three roses and head to Gleann anbháis Cemetary.

        The brunette let out a sigh of relief when the bell finally rang. She put her stuff in her bag, and the moment she was leaving the boring room, someone stood in her way.

                                                                        •••

#Hello beautiful people, the second chapter is here. What do you think of Sky? How do you find the boy? Make sure to let me know what you think in the comments. Enjoy reading. Much love x

# Tyler Hernandez on the side. Just how HOT is Michael Trevino? I can't!