•Cruel Intentions•

Lydia throws her head back as a cool breeze of air sends her hair fluttering back. It was almost midnight. She had been out since the morning, first it was school, after that, it was the game. Their team had lost. They had lost. For the first time in three years, Tyler had lost a game, ever since he was the team captain, he led his team to victory, but today was a surprise to everyone in school. The mighty Tyler Hernandez had lost his first game. Not only had he surprised his team mates and coach, but he also shocked the whole audience when he got in a fight with the quarterback ofthe opponent team. After the game, Adrian came to school for her. She remembered the looks all the pretty girls were giving him. Passing by, smiling flirtatiously, greeting him. Lydie didn't bother, she got used to seeing girls fly all the way to Dreamland when their eyes landed on Adrian. Her boyfriend was dashing, that's a fact. And she knew his heart only belongs to her. She thanked God it was Friday. School was so tiring, and without Skylar around, it was like a wild ocean. Beautiful but frightening.

                               A smile appeared on her lips as she remembered her day with Adrian. God, how much she loved that boy. It was always confusing with Killian around. She was always torn between loving both of them and killing herself. They both made her feel special. But when Adrian was back to Shadehaven, Lydia knew he was the one and only. Or so she thought.

               Adrian Jace had everything a girl could ask for. He was mature and caring. He had the confidence and knew how to treat a lady. Lydia loved their deep conversations and the many laughs they shared through the phone. She loved how he smelled like heaven, she loved how small and protected she felt when he hugged her tight. But there's nothing she missed more than that little spark of danger in his eyes.

                         Suddenly, she jolts back. She had that when someone's breathing up the hairs of her neck. Looking to the left, she steadies her breath, and smiles to the man next to her.

-" Hey" he greeted in a modulated voice.

-" Sorry you just scared me" she smiled shaking her head.

-" Didn't mean to" an apologetic smiled appeared on his face as he let his had back, gazing at the dark night sky. Lydia unzipped her jacket. It was unusually hot for a December night. " You shouldn't be here, it's too dangerous and too cold"

-" It's Shadehaven. Nothing bad ever happens here" His head turned to the right so his eyes landed the young girl next to him. She took off her cropped boxy jacket. A sexy half smile appeared on his face as his eyes read 'LAURENT 65'.

-" You're still wearing it"

-" Oh" she said, looking at his jersey. " I haven't had time to change"

-" Whatever makes you sleep at night" he winked, crossing his leg on his left knee

-" What's that supposed to mean" she giggled

-" You just don't wanna admit that you love showing support for the great Mayhem Laurent" he joked stretching his arms in glory.

-" Is anyone on your team humble?" she shook her head, laughing. " I'm surprised Adrian didn't kill you" she joked. He raised his eyebrow, silently questioning her. " Oh, my boyfriend. His name is Adrian" she explained

-" He'll probably kill Killian first. As long as he's alive, I'm safe." He laughed, Lydia couldn't tell what he meant by that, but didn't push it further.

                              He talks but he talks so much. Believe it or not he can talk continuously for hours. Lydia did not pass a whole day with him, but was sure he talks all day long. When the teacher is in a very deep level of a topic , Mayhem will shout out for a silly question to explain. Totally unacceptable it is. His regular irrelevant questions are annoying the whole class, Lydia included.